Self Imposed Rules

Im pretty new to the game, so instead of focusing on winning it, Im trying to have as much fun with the early game as possible. Ive come up with a Soviet ruleset:

-First two bases in Soviet Union region.

-New class of soldier- Political Officer. He gets a pistol and an explosive charge. His job is to shoot any fleeing comrades, or nosy civilians Usually "just happens" to get mowed down by his own side.

Also, my brother came up with an "Al Queda Challenge". In this, you have your only classes be Rocketeer and a suicide bomber class. Tasteless, but good for a quick laugh.

Edited by Matt the Czar

I've had an alien shoot and kill another alien when trying to hit one of my soldiers, not sure how achievable it is except by accident. Other ideas:

Ammo rationing - each soldier only gets one clip, after that, they have to switch to melee (note: you will die in an andron base attack)

Demolition - pack some extra c4 and blow up at least one multi-story building in every mission you can, bonus points if there is anyone inside at the time

KFUFO - sit by the door and throw incendiary grenades inside the alien ship until you win the mission

KFUFO - sit by the door and throw incendiary grenades inside the alien ship until you win the mission

There are people that don't do this anyway?

Anyway have a rule.

Chain of command: all squads must follow basic military structure, plenty of Pvts, a handful of NCOs and 1-2 officers or 2-3 officers and a bunch of NCOs, works best if you mod the transports to be bigger.

It gets stupidly hard once you'd normally be fielding full squads of captains and the like.

I can come up with some fun ones:

• Only use snipers. No other primary weapons allowed.
  • Only use explosives (rockets/c4/grenades)
  • Melee only (With a mod that adds an actual melee weapon)
  • No armor allowed
  • Always do missions at night
  • Non-lethal playthrough (never kill only stun, except androns)
  • Use only half a squad (use half the capacity of a dropship, no more)
  • One man mission (aka Ramirez Do Everything mode)

• no smoke grenades
  • only short range weapons (flame-throwers, carbines, pistol, grenades, w/w shield)
  • only reaction fire (aka United Worlds PROtection FORce)

I haven't played with these rules, though; only the first one because of oversight, and the third one to train soldiers at some point during a mission.

• 3 months later...

I always play by my own internal rule. There is only one rule: Save and reload whenever you like 'cause fuck it, it's a game not a competition. If I don't like how it's going ... I'm not stressed. Sit back, sip coffee, reload. Go ahead, call me a pussy. Do I look bothered? 'Cause I ain't bothered.

For some people, finding a great shotgun is simply love at first sight. For others, a great shotgun grows on them -- and they find themselves down in the basement cleaning it for absolutely no other reason than just to be in its company.

o.png

• Like 1