Grimples

Map mods i am using:

xce 0.34

Random Map Pack Farm Edition

Restored Community Map Pack

Skitso's Ultimate Megamix Map Pack 2000

The farms are far too overdone, look at pic:

faaaarm.jpg

Cabbage field, there would be nothing in this field irl, there are 3 tractors in the field below, eh! what farmer can afford 3 tractors. imo the fields should be mostly empty, i have no idea how to change this but i imagine it would need extensive use of the map editor.

Feedback pls.

Pretty sure that's from my random farm map pack. The intensity of props there is, I think, actually quite unusual (it's randomly generated and those kinds of areas should be weighted against having a large number of props). Although, truthfully I never really liked how the map pack handled cabbage fields anyway as, density notwithstanding, few of the props actually work thematically anyway.

Resolving this would actually be fairly easy - you could just trim out the submaps which have props on to weight in favour of empty areas - but I can't remember exactly which submaps you'd need to delete off the top of my head.

That was quick kabill. Could you educate me pls, i just tried the map editor & all i can do is move fields, i have no idea what submaps are. Am not new to modding or editing/hacking files/scripts, i have made quite a few changes to the xml files already, vary rare i delve into gfx or mapping.

Ok, go to the following directory:

xenonauts/mods/Random Map Pack Farm Edition/maps/farm/props/rmp_farm_field_tiles

If you want utterly no props in cabbage/plowed fields at all, delete all the numbered files from 1 to 15.

If you want to reduce the propensity for props in cabbage/plowed fields, copy the numbered files 16-19 and paste them into the same folder as copies. The number of times you do this will determine the relative chance of seeing props - I would suggest increasing the total number of files in that folder to 60 which will give a 1-in-4 chance of a field section spawning a prop (and there are four field sections per large field, so on average you'll see a single prop/collection of props).

I'm actually quite surprised looking back at this that the ratio is like that - I figured it was closer to what I'm recommending changing it to than apparently it is.

Ok, go to the following directory:

xenonauts/mods/Random Map Pack Farm Edition/maps/farm/props/rmp_farm_field_tiles

If you want utterly no props in cabbage/plowed fields at all, delete all the numbered files from 1 to 15.

If you want to reduce the propensity for props in cabbage/plowed fields, copy the numbered files 16-19 and paste them into the same folder as copies. The number of times you do this will determine the relative chance of seeing props - I would suggest increasing the total number of files in that folder to 60 which will give a 1-in-4 chance of a field section spawning a prop (and there are four field sections per large field, so on average you'll see a single prop/collection of props).

I'm actually quite surprised looking back at this that the ratio is like that - I figured it was closer to what I'm recommending changing it to than apparently it is.

Do we rename the files to something other than copy (xx)? Is there anything else we need to change to implement the new number of files?