Dropships

aajs

Erm,

I noticed that when I start the game I have no crew automatically assigned to my starting dropship. (Not vanilla one)

So I put the Chinook back as the starting drop ship and still crew are not automatically assigned to it at the start of the game.

Can someone confirm if this is normal behaviour or not.

The reason I ask is that it can lead to a bug....

The game correctly does not let you send your dropship to a crashsite if no crew is present. However if you add that dropship as part of a squadron it will let you send it to a ufo that keeps taking of and landing. If you have forgotten to assign a crew and its landed when your squadron gets to it, then the ground mission is started, but because you have no crew the game crashes.... Instead it should not let you do the ground mission.....

or troops should be auto assigned to a drop ship at the beginning of a game.

[Edit] just checked vanilla and they are assigned..... maybe I better make sure my starting drop ship is the chinook otherwise I have potentially introduced a bug here.

[EDIT] DER..... Just ignore me must be over tired....If I bothered reading the config file correctly I would have realised your dropship has to be the first aircraft in the list then it will be automatically loaded out with your starting soldiers....

Well maybe this post will help other tinkering with dropships as well.

Edited by aajs