[v1.61 OS X - serious TERRAIN and AUDIO bugs]

Hi all,

I can't believe that the native version for Mac has bugs so severe that I noticed just playing in only two matches not finished yet (54 hours) .

1) First of all, the game is full of random crashes. How do you even think that you can do an IRON MODE game?

2) In every fight, happens at least once that the audio goes in loop, causing much annoyance, forcing me to load the last save (because shortly after it happens, comes the crash).

3) The worst bug: in 54 hours of gameplay I've never, repeat NEVER, combat in a desert or middle-east map. ALWAYS farm or industrial. I tried to do a test: I started three new games building my FIRST base in North Africa. When I break down an UFO in the desert area, as the ground combat was always farm or industrial. Then I started a new match on a windows version of xenonauts on my parallels virtual machine with windows 7 ultimate, with the same mode (first base in north africa). First two downed UFO: desert (near the central african's forest) and middle east (near Gibraltar on Morocco side).

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE?

Could it be the only one to notice these things?

Who checks the versions before putting them on the market?

[iNSULTS REMOVED. THAT DOESN'T HELP SOLVE BUGS.]

I don't use any MOD.

my imac specs:

Schermata 2015-10-21 alle 22.09.20.jpg

Schermata 2015-10-21 alle 22.09.20.jpg

577e7d54a47d7_Schermata2015-10-21alle22.

Edited by Max_Caine

Hi,

To help the porter pinpoint the issues you have, you'll need to provide some information.

1) Random crashes where? In the geoscape? On the base screens? In air combat? In ground combat? All of the above?

2) Is 2) always related to 1)? Does the crash always happen when music goes into a loop? Are there any set patterns you can detect?

3) Could you provide a save of some description for 3) so the porter can take a look at what you look at when you start a mission?

Generally if the bugs are that extreme that the game is totally unplayable ... then yes, you usually are the only one experiencing it and it's probably something specific to your download or hardware setup.

Firstly, check your download is complete - if you are in Steam, please right-click on Xenonauts, go to Properties >>> Local Files tab >>> Verify Integrity of Game Cache. This will check all the game files and see if you are missing any files.

If you're still experiencing the issues at that point, please provide the extra information requested by Max above and we'll point the porting company at this post to try and resolve them.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any Desert or Middle Eastern maps among the dozen or so downed UFOs with my base in Egypt. It's always Farm, Industrial, or for one remote crash Arctic. Playing v1.60 and v1.61 on Linux. I guess I didn't make the connection because none of them were located blatantly in the middle of the Sahara or something, but it is odd.

I thought same before, but watching videos and broadcasts of other players I set myself a doubt.

By them when just an UFO was shot down in the desert, there was always groundcombat desert or middle east.

With me, in 54 hours of game, not even once; and in any case, from the beginning, I thought that it wasn't normal to have FARM in the middle of the Sahara.