[V1.59 - Ground Combat] Freeze during alien hidden movement

Every time I try to end my turn, the game pops up the Hidden Movement splash screen, plays a sounds, and freezes. I can still here a sound whenever I click my mouse, so the game may not be totally frozen.

However, it's EVERY save, EVERY turn. This means I've yet to complete a single turn in ground combat. Major bummer.

I've tried running it in compatibility mode (for Windows, not in the Steam betas), administrator mode, adjusting resolution, starting new games, verifying the integrity of the cache, and redownloading the game. Nothing seems to affect the bug in any way.

EDIT: Reverting to 1.09 fixes the problem, but I don't consider this a good permanent fix.

Here are two saves. All I have to do is press End Turn and it freezes.

1)[ATTACH]6762[/ATTACH]

2)[ATTACH]6763[/ATTACH]

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Edited by ReedlyDeedly

Sorry for the slow reply here. I'm not getting any issues with those save files - the turns run fine. Is anyone else running V1.59 having the same issue with those saves?

Can you give us your system details? It might be tied to your hardware in some way.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure thing! Here's my Help->System Information, but let me know if you need more:

Processor Information:

Vendor: AuthenticAMD

CPU Family: 0x15

CPU Model: 0x1

CPU Stepping: 0x2

CPU Type: 0x0

Speed: 3491 Mhz

6 logical processors

3 physical processors

HyperThreading: Supported

FCMOV: Supported

SSE2: Supported

SSE3: Supported

SSSE3: Supported

SSE4a: Supported

SSE41: Supported

SSE42: Supported

Network Information:

Network Speed:

Operating System Version:

Windows 8.1 (64 bit)

NTFS: Supported

Crypto Provider Codes: Supported 311 0x0 0x0 0x0

Video Card:

Driver Not Detected

DirectX Driver Name: aticfx32.dll

Driver Version Not Detected

DirectX Driver Version: 8.17.10.1230

Driver Date Not Detected

OpenGL Version: 4.2

DirectX Card: AMD Radeon HD 7450

VendorID: 0x1002

DeviceID: 0x677b

Number of Monitors: 2

Number of Logical Video Cards: 2

No SLI or Crossfire Detected

Primary Display Resolution: 1680 x 1050

Desktop Resolution: 3600 x 1080

Primary Display Size: 18.82" x 11.81" (22.20" diag)

47.8cm x 30.0cm (56.4cm diag)

Primary Bus Type Not Detected

Primary VRAM Not Detected

Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x

Sound card:

Audio device: Speakers / Headphones (IDT High

Memory:

RAM: 10029 Mb

So your desktop resolution is 3600 x 1080 - presumably you're playing the game in a window at 1650x1050 then? Or is that your second monitor is a 1650x1050 one?

We've had some weird issues with the game that are screen resolution dependent in the past so my hunch is that something like this is going to be at the root of the issue.

Sorry about the late reply!

Yes my primary display runs at 1680x1050. The second monitor is a 1920x1050, but I don't use that one for gaming.

From what I recall, my game was running full-screen on my primary display in 1680x1050 resolution.

PS: Ya'll are awesome! Keep up the good work.

Hmm. If your main resolution is 1650x1050 then we should be able to reproduce the hang if it was resolution-dependent, but as I mentioned before those saves work fine for me. I'd recommend you try out the Community Edition of Xenonauts and see if that works: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11882-What-is-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-how-do-I-get-it

V1.5 was just splicing together some of the additional X:CE code into V1.09, so hopefully it works for you.

I may have an idea.

I've seen Xenonauts 1.59 hanging reproducibly during alien turn if X:CE 0.34 mod was installed.

That mod doesn't show up in the mod launcher, but for some reason it still gets loaded by original exe.

Only way of stopping the freeze was to remove the mod from mods dir.

Sorry, I didn't do any more tests, so I don't know which file(s) from the mod trigger)s( the crash, still should it be loaded at all, if it ain't listed ?

Edited by noblink