Some changes to the game

digital wisp

Hello folks and fellow modders!

Wanted to ask you guys how to change some aspects of the game.

Firstly, I want to reduce medkits' healing power from 50 to 25 / from 100 to 50.

Tried doing that, but I end up with game showing up 25/50 'medkit ammo counter', like its 'clip' is not full which isn't a sign of good modding after all.

How can I do this correctly?

Secondly, it's strange that the same energy cells are used to power just a few pistol shots and lots of more powerful machinegun shots. When you upgrade from the ballistics, machinegun ammo doesn't weight much and you can literally have infinite ammo for your heavie. I want to draw 'heavy ammo' inventory/ground sprites for each weapon tech type and then somehow assign them to in-game weapons. How do I do that?

Big thanks in advance.

When I edited the medikit, I did modify those two files (all hail reverse-engineering!), but still had that strange effect.

You need to edit the "ammo" of medicits at weapons.xml files. If the "ammo per magazine" at medikit "25" at weapon_gc.xml and "50" at weapons.xml, you always see 25/50 at the beginning of GC.

Thanks!

BTW are your walkers available as a separate download?

My walkers do not have a special download yet. I am working on a special weapon design for them. I will put them into the X-Division 0.99 alpha in this week. It will be a separate download as a patch so you can take them from there. But you need to know some modding to make a separate mod with them.