Who is the owner of the copyright for the in game music of Xenonauts?

Wixit

Hi everyone,

recently I started a Xenonauts AAR on another forum and uploaded some videos to Youtube to show off the tactical side of the game. The FAQ states I have permission to do this, but when I uploaded the fourth ground combat video Youtube claimed about a minute of the music is owned by LIGHT MACHINE AMB 2 - Pfilbryte, Audiam (Label), and said they are monetizing the video for them. Now I Googled the actual producer of your music, Aleksi Aubry-Carlson and the song name is Ground Combat Day 1, so I'm suspicious someone is trying to mooch off his work. Should I file an appeal? Do I have permission to not only show the game, but play its music?

I apologize that this is my first post here, I've owned Xenonauts for a while now and I think it's a great game and the thought that someone else is making money off your stuff irritates me.

Yeah, if you're willing to file an appeal then do so. Goldhawk owns the rights to the music in Xenonauts, which was written by Aleksi specifically for the game.

Anyone that owns the game is free to make videos using it and the music within, although several people have complained about it being falsely flagged by the Youtube censors before.

• 5 weeks later...

The channel has the same name as my screen name, but it's not a complete LP, just missions. In any case I wasn't interested in advertising myself, just ensuring I'm permitted to challenge the claims which have now been resolved.