New Sheild - Why did I ever start this?

aajs

Okay, one of my more stupid ideas.

Thought I would add an extra alloy type shield to the game that could only ever be captured from aliens as a rare drop item.

The graphics alone is a nightmare, however now I have started I have got to just keep going.

alloyshielddrag.jpg

Anyway I have finally created all the SW facing sprites for the basic armour unarmed, however I cant get any of the sprites to show in game even the vanilla ones..

My folder structure looks like this.

mods\ChoicesPart2\units\xenonaut\armour.basic\weapon.alloyshield.unarmed

In that folder my soldier_spectre.xml file has entry lines that look like this:

<anim src="units/xenonaut/armour.basic/weapon.alloyshield.unarmed/run_n" anim="walk_E"/>

However my soldier just looks invisible, it cant be my sprites themselves because I only have changed the sw ones and I cant see any.

I would appreciate some help as I need to concentrate on getting all the graphics done.

[EDIT] Doh! Sorry I forgot all the little xml files for each direction.

alloyshielddrag.jpg

alloyshielddrag.jpg.7c2a29ec738387820b2a

Edited by aajs

I am officially giving up on this.

Its just to much work, it could be done but the sprite files have the individual images placed in such odd places you end up with overlap.

Would have been nice if the images were lined up nicely in a grid system with space around to allow for extra content.

In the end my sprites kept overlapping so I am giving up.

I don't suppose there is a way to get the original 3d models for the characters?

I am officially giving up on this.

Its just to much work, it could be done but the sprite files have the individual images placed in such odd places you end up with overlap.

Would have been nice if the images were lined up nicely in a grid system with space around to allow for extra content.

In the end my sprites kept overlapping so I am giving up.

I don't suppose there is a way to get the original 3d models for the characters?

Max got a project to add a new armour to game but it didn't complate. So I think he got the models which used in game.

Still it would be huge work with all the animations. I would love to see heavy armours with minigun or rocket launcher. Worth the time? Or can you handle it to the end? If everything you want to do is finished and you still got time.. why not? But I prefer more crazy projects like new ufo modeling.. it would be much more easier and worth much more.