[V1.59 - Ground Combat] Freeze during alien hidden movement

Hi,

I am having an issue where Ground Combat keeps freezing during the alien movement phase. I hear movement (doors) and then it does nothing while the sound plays, I have looked around but i couldn't find a fix.

Sorry if i have gone wrong somewhere in this first post of mine.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi,

I am having an issue where Ground Combat keeps freezing during the alien movement phase. I hear movement (doors) and then it does nothing while the sound plays, I have looked around but i couldn't find a fix.

Sorry if i have gone wrong somewhere in this first post of mine.

Cheers,

I'm wondering if there are wraiths on your battlefield because my game always freezes during alien turn at some point during the ground mission when wraiths are about.

I've tried Oohboy's save game out but it doesn't lock up for me. If anyone has a save game that reliably freezes at the end of the turn it'd be appreciated!

I have a savegame which crashes every single time for me; i.e. if I just click 'End turn', then it turns on the Alien turn splash screen, some sort of sound effect is played, and then it sits there doing nothing for a long time. If this works for you, then you'll have some fun detective work of hunt-the-hardware-configuration ahead of you.

I'm running the Steam version (if there's any other one) on Debian Sid on a Lenovo Y580 Laptop (Nvidia GTX 660M and some Intel card - the bug happens whether using the Nvidia card via primusrun, or the default Intel card).

If it helps, the OutputLog.txt does spam a big bunch of messages of the form:

[20:00:16]TTextureData::Lock - Locking texture[uitextures/humancitybuttonmask?slow] prior to it being loaded.

[20:00:16]TTextureData::Lock - Locking texture[uitextures/humancityTbuttonmask?slow] prior to it being loaded.

[20:00:16]TTextureData::Lock - Locking texture[uitextures/humancitybuttonmask?slow] prior to it being loaded.

Faulty.sav

Faulty.sav

Faulty.sav