Sound cuts off and after a few seconds the game crashes if in battle V1.59

I've just started playing the game for the first time since the release and I'm encountering a game breaking bug.

The game starts normally but after a seemingly random amount of time the sound suddenly cuts off. This happens in the geoscape as well as in battle. It can take tens of seconds, it can take minutes, but usually happens pretty fast in battle.

If it happens in battle the game crashes a few seconds after the sound cuts off (this amount of time also seems to be random but not more than ~10 seconds). If it happens in the geoscape the game still runs, but when entering a battle the games crashes after a few seconds.

The game crashes with a simple Windows message of "xenonauts.exe has stopped working".

I have played pre-release versions of the game and did not encounter this bug.

The game is a fresh install from steam and without mods and I don't have any old saves. I only started several new games and the problem always occurs.

I've looked around the forums and couldn't find a report of a similar problem. Any ideas how I can get rid of this problem? Thanks in advance!

Right! I've attached a save from the geoscape after the sound cuts off. This time the game crashed after I did an interception mission.

Another detail that I failed to mention earlier. If after a crash I load a save made after the sound cuts off, the sound will work ok (...and after some time the sound will cut off again and the game will crash).

CRASH.zip

CRASH.zip

CRASH.zip

Sorry for replying to this slowly. I've loaded your save game and played through quite a bit of Geoscape time without getting the music cut-off, and then I loaded a ground combat mission and it worked fine.

I suspect any issue where the music stops playing and then further actions cause a crash would be a memory issue (although really I have no idea). Could you try activating the Community Edition and see if that helps? http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/11882-What-is-Xenonauts-Community-Edition-how-do-I-get-it