Proximity Gernade

• 2 weeks later...
is it working???

It depends on what you call "working". I'd say it isn't because 1- you throw one mine and it spawns those 5 in a cross-shaped area and 2- there is no way to remove it once a unit steps on it, so it lays there for the whole mission. Ilunak made a comment about fixing number 1, and Kabill said the fix for number 2 was an interesting suggestion, so who knows, we may get it working in the future.

You mean even an enemy press it, it still lays there? I dont think 1. one is a problem. I didnt know even there is a landmine code in game.

Yes, it will stay there. And there isn't a mine code, as Max said, it is just a permanent gas particle. What I suggested for X:CE was the ability to define a maximum number of turns for particles, and a maximum number of units entering its tile to remove it. Any of these two would allow us to use particles for neat ideas.

It already looks good in game and serves its purpose, but I'm a perfectionist so I'd like to have these two issues fixed.

Yes, it will stay there. And there isn't a mine code, as Max said, it is just a permanent gas particle. What I suggested for X:CE was the ability to define a maximum number of turns for particles, and a maximum number of units entering its tile to remove it. Any of these two would allow us to use particles for neat ideas.

It already looks good in game and serves its purpose, but I'm a perfectionist so I'd like to have these two issues fixed.

Yes I have had this is my mod for some time its a mine launcher gun... it fires electro mines that electrocute all that pass them.

It works quite well, however I just had to nerf them a bit as I found out people were shooting them at short range directly at enemy which was an insta-kill. its in my XMC part 1 mod, if anybody wants to rip the gas effect as a starting point.