Research features

Axiomatic

Please, anybody help me to understand research features.

In manual wrote

"Scientists assigned to a project suffer from diminishing returns – the first scientist works at 100%

efficiency, the second at 99% efficiency, the third at 98% and so on."

- So, is it still true in X:CE version?

- Is overall research efficiency will be better If scientists works on different projects (efficiency of first scientist of each projects starts from 100%)?

- Is any influence of research efficiency of laboratories location (all laboratories in one base or split laboratories to several bases)?

1) So far as I am aware, XCE makes no changes to the effectiveness of researchers so the information in the manual should be correct.

2) Yes, although I'm uncertain whether it makes enough difference to really matter (a base with 30 scientists will operate with an average scientist efficiency of 85% which is still pretty good).

3) To the best of my knowledge, there is no additional penalty for working on projects across multiple bases.

In my testing, I could not find any decrease in efficiency by assigning multiple workers to production, which according to what I read has the same -1% for each person. Because you can see the exact time it takes to build something, it may be easier to examine the engineers, and assume the same rules apply to scientists.