Questions about explosions

SoulFilcher

There is one idea I'm trying in my mod that requires 2 things: the minimum explosion size to be a single tile, but it seems that is is a 3x3 cross-shaped area right now, no matter the radius value.

And I need to know what exactly a particle spectre can or can't do, because some of them looked a lot like tile spectres, still they don't behave the same. If they don't, it would be awesome if CE was changed to allow more tile properties (if possible of course) :P

Have you tried a radius value of 0?

Also, if you're trying to create a gas-like effect on the tile, I think you might be able to do that with a non-explosive weapon (which by default will only effect a single tile).

As regards particle spectres - what do you mean exactly? Pretty sure all the spectres do is deal with the animation.

I have, even a value of 0 will create the cross-shaped area. I guess I could make it a non-explosive weapon, but can it be thrown as a grenade? The game is very restrictive in this aspect and I need it to either be thrown as a grenade or put on the ground within melee range.

I saw some of the particles have a default state, so I thought they could handle damaged and destroyed states too, but I already found they don't. My idea was to create a tile on the spot and that's why I need the are to be just one tile, but without the ability to create a tile it is useless.

Ok, since the second part of my idea won't work, is there a way to specify when a gas/particle is removed instead of a random chance every turn?

A fixed duration, or a number of units that entered it? One of those would do.

Edited by SoulFilcher

• 2 weeks later...