How I play, why I stop playing, and a feature idea

I like Xenonauts a lot. I like turn-based squad combat, and it does that well. I usually play on Ironman, but not for the usual reason. I play Ironman because I don't like saving my game or messing with save games. On Ironman, I quit and the game is still saved. I play a lot and I only have one save slot; I don't have to pick through a ton of them. I am continuously on one save with little or no involvement from me. So I am willing to take a few permanent casualties in trade. But when my elite squad wipes because I mistook the second level of a building for the first level; or I accidentally clicked move when I meant not to; or whatever, I don't want to play that Ironman any more. Its too much.

So, I need an Ironman save system, with a cancel button. Or a go back one game week. Or, as a last resort, even a previous autosave normally hidden by a "continue" button on the main screen. I would not stop playing Xenonauts then.

If Chris and GH do a remake, as he has mentioned, I would really love this as a new feature.

Don't know if you've played Invisible Inc. at all, but that has a system that allows you to rewind a turn even though otherwise it's played Ironman. You only get a limited number of uses, though (depending on the difficulty level). It's a really good system; I'd really like to see something like that implemented in future games.

@EvilEagles - Alt + F4 serves some of that purpose for me, but I usually only want to go back if its an all death sort of situation.

@Kabill - thanks for the tip! Invisible Inc looks interesting and that seems like a reasonable way to balance ironman and selective save loading.