The Heroic Dead

• 2 weeks later...
Pretty sure it'd be a very easy mod, actually - if I recall correctly, literally all I did was to edit the appropriate UI script to remove the speech bubble link to that particular clipboard panel.

Oddly enough, looking through the different files and I see a memorial_clipboard file in the assets\ui_screens\ui_personnel folder. I just don't see anything that references it. It looks like the personnelview.lua would have something to do with it. I did find this under assets\strings:

<Row ss:AutoFitHeight="0">

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">PersonnelView.MemorialWall</Data><NamedCell

ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">Casualty<br/>List</Data><NamedCell

ss:Name="_FilterDatabase"/></Cell>

</Row>

Edited by Bullseye71

If you copy the personnelview.lua from X:CE into the standard Xenonauts install, you might find it'll make the memorial screen re-appear? I can't remember how different the two files are these days.

Didn't work for me, but thanks for the help. I think I'll just let it go until I'm ready to play X:CE.

Didn't work for me, but thanks for the help. I think I'll just let it go until I'm ready to play X:CE.

Isn't the entire point of X:CE that it's baseline Xenonauts with extra features and a handful of bugfixes?

Which is to say, no drawback to vanilla beyond some GUI prettyness?