Thank you and request

I've put 300+ hours into Xenonauts and I think it's absolutely fabulous - thank you so much for finally releasing such a worthy remake of the original.

One of my favourite games of all time (I've been playing computer games since Sinclair ZX81 days) was Xcom Apocalypse. I always played in real time. I think letting the combat unfold in this way took the experience to a new level. If you could do a remake of Apocalypse to the same standard I think I could die happy!

Does anyone else agree with me? I often get the impression that Apocalypse was the unloved third child. But for me it was sublime.

I also liked Apocalypse a lot (played on Amiga 500), but - and this is a large BUT here - I prefered the turn based option. Not that I don't like the intense atmosphere and the action, but I want to have control over my units. And this is because of stupid AI, and I haven't seen anything good actually. Yes, in the original Dune game, the game Command & Conquer was based on, units were stupid too, but reliably stupid.

Sometimes later a game like Total Annihilation used many many units, all stupid as hell, but also reliable stupid so that you could adapt too. However, it was not one of my favourite games.

An actual example is Company of Heroes, which I had to stop and give it away. What rage when seeing your wounded units retreating and passing in front of the enemy units, or approaching the enemy over an open field despite a trench and obstacles to hide behind, damn...

Hmm sorry, got carried away. But thats why I prefer TBS games. Not that I want to have the micro management, but to avoid stupid AI behaviour.

And I have high hopes that Goldhawks next big game will be right after my "gusto".

I've never actually been able to play Apocalypse properly because the UI filled me with rage, so it's unlikely. But I strongly suspect it has a lot in common with Syndicate, which is one of my favourite games of all time and probably something I'll eventually turn my attention to. The faction / city management stuff in Apocalypse always struck me as something that would work well if added to a game like Syndicate.

But there's a lot of people on these forums who really enjoy Apocalypse, so you're certainly not alone :)