Aliens Destroying Bases While under construction

Aliens keep destroying new bases before they are even built in month 3-4 of a normal difficulty game, not happy with this, how are we supposed to be able to expand if we have no ability to defend or staff new bases while they are under construction, major game flaw needs attention. Perhaps we should be given an option to station soldiers at base sites while they are being built? Seems logical to have soldiers protect the construction crew anyway. I have no issue with having my bases attacked, I just dislike that they can come and take $500,000 from me and I cant do a thing about it.

Thankyou for your time

Panavia10

In theory the chances of this happening should be very small, as the aliens choose which base to attack based on the amount of time it has been in play. But I don't disagree - it would be nice if there was a grace period of, say, 15 days before a base could be attacked (15 days is enough time to finish construction and build a living quarters to house a garrison).

That's very unusual... Panavia, if you'd like to adjust the game so base attacks don't happen until later on, you can adjust one file. If you open up "AM_Baseattack.xml" in a text editor or Excel (I would suggest using Excel if you've got it), you can adjust when base attacks start happening by adjusting the "Ticker" score for each type of UFO and adjust which UFOs can do base attacks (for example, deleting the corvette entry will make corvettes incapable of attacking bases).