Cars can't be totally destroyed.

drages

There was somewhere we discussed about flatten cars to open a way for vehicles. I said there all cars can be destroyed after enough shots but sadly it's wrong after I made some tests.

When I was doing my weapon tests I saw that every car or busses got 3 situations. An unharmed, damaged and destroyed. Some cars (busses mostly) destroyed without explosion and goes totally flat. But most of the cars explodes but they still stay. So if there is many cars in the way, vehicles stuck badly.

Can we do something about this?

Not without code support. Props have three states (undamaged, damaged, destroyed) and it's not possible to add more. You could do it by changing the damaged state to one which is passable but then you'd lose one of the other states.

Not without code support. Props have three states (undamaged, damaged, destroyed) and it's not possible to add more. You could do it by changing the damaged state to one which is passable but then you'd lose one of the other states.

But i can see 3 state even at cars. One undamaged, one damaged and one is junk. The problem is junk state. At some vehicle, the junk is totally passable and at other its junk. Can i make the all cars as flat junk with only coding? or needs mapping too?

My point was that you couldn't have the current final stage (burnt out destroyed car) as well as a totally-destroyed state ('flat junk') as you've called it. Or you could, but then you would lose the damaged state. You'd need a total of four to move through all of them and that's not (currently) possible.

Aha.. I dont need the both final state.. i want to change final state to flat.

I got 2 questions about this,

1. How can i make some cars to be crashed when something heavy pass them by? Like, i want my scimitar tank just go over the car..

2. When the car crashed under scimitar tank, does it explode?

To make something crushable, you just need to change a variable in the relevant prop spectre. However, I suspect what that does is instantly destroy the prop and therefore would probably result in the vehicle exploding. Don't know if it would become passable as a result - it might bug out if the destroyed state isn't passable. Might be worth experimenting in case I am wrong though.

To make something crushable, you just need to change a variable in the relevant prop spectre. However, I suspect what that does is instantly destroy the prop and therefore would probably result in the vehicle exploding. Don't know if it would become passable as a result - it might bug out if the destroyed state isn't passable. Might be worth experimenting in case I am wrong though.

I will make the cars passable, but what should i do? If the destroyed state is passable, i dont think there wont be any problem..

But i can see 3 state even at cars. One undamaged, one damaged and one is junk. The problem is junk state. At some vehicle, the junk is totally passable and at other its junk. Can i make the all cars as flat junk with only coding? or needs mapping too?

I remembered some discussion about the Hunter vehicle, why to use vehicles at all and if it should be possible to retrieve them from GC (read here).

And I know that back in V21 the Hunter had 4 damage states, as I have used the Hunter in Alien Base assaults and had to experience that. Dunno if it is still that way...not playing at the moment.

Maybe this damage method can be used for other vehicles as well? The last state would be some remains, scorch marks, burning floor or all of them randomly in a submap...

I remembered some discussion about the Hunter vehicle, why to use vehicles at all and if it should be possible to retrieve them from GC (read here).

And I know that back in V21 the Hunter had 4 damage states, as I have used the Hunter in Alien Base assaults and had to experience that. Dunno if it is still that way...not playing at the moment.

Maybe this damage method can be used for other vehicles as well? The last state would be some remains, scorch marks, burning floor or all of them randomly in a submap...

I didnt see anything like that at my modding.. state or art.. but recover is a great idea. I always think it's very expensive to lose the vehicles.

If we compare vehicles to X-COM, as i remember the vehicles are more little but takes 4 soldier place. At xenonauts they are bigger but they get only 2 soldier place. I think vehicles should be important. At Xenonauts, vehicles can die easily. Vehicles should survive, but not be a invulnerable one. They need to have much more hp then a human and more armour then our soldier jackets.. So they should be expensive but remaking it every time is lame too..