Please restore training...

I would like to have garrisons which are not useless. I know that originally it was possible to train your troops outside of combat. I think it is ridiculous that it was removed from the game, regardless of any potential problem of making the game 'too easy.' It's hard enough anyway. But it annoys me that an extremely logical thing to do, training your troops, cannot be done.

A correction: It was once possible to give a one-off boost to privates by putting them into a 10-day training program which took them out of the game for that number of days, increased their rank from private to corporal and gave them the stat increases for going from private to corporal. Despite having a clear explanation of what the training button written on the button itself, there were endless complaints that the "training button didn't work" as people kept trying to train higher-ranked soldiers. The one-off training button was taken away for that reason. Continuous training as you envisage it was never added in the first place.

• 1 month later...