Restored Community Map Pack

llunak

This is a pack of more than 100 maps originally created by Stinky, Flash and Moxar. See this thread and this thread for details.

Download: Here.

Required version of game:

• There are some minor (visual) glitches that will be fixed in X:CE 0.34 (or maybe 0.33 HF1). However, barring these, the maps should be perfectly usable with the current X:CE version.
  • I don't know if the maps are usable with the vanilla 1.59 version, although I expect they should be (also having the minor glitches).

These maps were created for Xenonauts before the stable release, and apparently all the mappers involved had left before some changes caused these maps to no longer work properly with the stable version, so there were objects and even whole buildings missings. Unfortunately nobody took care of the maps, which is rather a shame, because the maps are very nice, so I've fixed them up. I do not intend to maintain them as such as soon as I consider the map pack finished, so in the unlikely case somebody would like to take over or even further improve the maps, feel free to do so.

Pending issues:

• There are some drawing problems with objects taking more than one tile, most notably sofas right behind walls show through. This will be fixed with next X:CE release.
  • There are few various minor graphical problems, such as pieces of inner house walls showing through outside walls. I probably couldn't be bothered to be honest, if it annoys you, provide a fix and I'll include it.

Screenshots:

arctic1.jpg

farm1.jpg

town1.jpg

town2.jpg

middleeast1.jpg

soviettown1.jpg

soviettown2.jpg

industrial2.jpg

desert1.jpg

arctic1.jpg

farm1.jpg

town1.jpg

town2.jpg

industrial2.jpg

middleeast1.jpg

soviettown1.jpg

soviettown2.jpg

desert1.jpg

arctic1.jpg.a21e89fe6b3ce8c445651a51c3be

farm1.jpg.48e22e03cda815dc6f611cf7b23e93

town1.jpg.f5d5cf40571192454277e636df020c

town2.jpg.5b62ec724685afe73f3df2b2637141

industrial2.jpg.a92bc6cffb797f7c861fdf3a

middleeast1.jpg.483c380c9d1515e8a20ed999

soviettown1.jpg.3066010a013d73881404a584

soviettown2.jpg.677c7e79a0d56f2ff4eabd7a

desert1.jpg.ac1519e302ee73e4aa28a99c86df

Edited by llunak
  • Like 2

Actually the swimming pool was part of V20, I really don't understand why it got removed again, especially given that the stable release shipped with relatively so few maps. I think I might go and try to rescue all that stuff too.

Industrial canal props aren't working in the game as the tile graphics are placed in the arctic folder. (this can be seen for example in the Industrial_SmogStink1_Scout_Corvette_Stinky)

I see no problem when I load that map in Steam's X:CE 0.33 . Prop sharing between tilesets doesn't work only if the props have images in atlases, which is not the case here.

Can't say no to more maps--even if I have some terrible memories of missions gone wrong on like half of Stinky's maps.

Jokes aside, I appreciate the update llunak.

Warehouse by the pool. (Or simply on the water?). Sebilians hiding in every nook and cranny. Four Xenonauts dead...

• 2 months later...

I have restored and included the two terror missions from the V20 beta, so we can all re-live the nightmares, yay! I've however slightly altered the landing zone in the medium map as that one was way too open.

The maps are technically not community maps, but they seem to fit better this map pack that restores old maps, and I'm too lazy to rename the map pack again just because of this.

I have restored and included the two terror missions from the V20 beta, so we can all re-live the nightmares, yay! I've however slightly altered the landing zone in the medium map as that one was way too open.

The maps are technically not community maps, but they seem to fit better this map pack that restores old maps, and I'm too lazy to rename the map pack again just because of this.

It's very nice to have more terror maps. At default game you shot down most of terror mission ufos but when modded you would need more maps for this mission.

It's actually not that hard to create new maps, it's more or less a bit of painting in the level editor. The submap editor is somewhat harder, as it is another level of mapping, but it's not really necessary. One could probably create 10 new decent maps in one evening.

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5341-How-to-map-and-submap-in-Xenonauts

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...
6 hours ago, Axiomatic said:

What does it mean? Is it affected on available maps in game?

These are just custom notes for the mapmakers and future mapmakers, i guess. I wouldnt take them too seriously as a quick diff made it clear that the data is not congruent.

• 4 years later...