Defying the odds (Beating I/I)(spoilers)

Alas a great sign of relief all around the world today as the last alien ship lays silent in orbit. From New York to Beijing with mass gathering of people rush outside to celebrate the heroes that had headed the doom of their planet. Yes after tens of thousands died and the sacrifice of 48 brave men, xenonauts have overcame almost inevitable destruction of the human race and defeat an almost godlike race of beings and their slaves. Yes, after multiple attempts I have finally beaten insane ironman.

On July 4th, 12 men of my best alive stormed the command ship of the alien armada armed with magstorms, mag snipers, shields and singularity cannons. With the clock ticking they moved fast mowing down any alien they came across. With liberal use of bullets and explosives they made to the bridge were they found the high praetor. This creature with power that rivals god was then atomized by one blast of the singularity cannon. But the victory was hollow, as the four xenonauts that was to destroy the generators were wiped out and now faced a horde of thrashing unyielding and bloodthirsty reapers behind the main force. In a last stand, they made a firing line and tried to hold out as fast as they can but ammo is finite and were soon overwhelmed. Although, when a rescue team came aboard to find that the reapers where in a catatonic state, they found two survivors, unconscious and wounded before the reapers swarmed the main echelons of the base.

Although with the external threat to humanity is extinguished, agents from both sides of the Berlin wall are planning seize the new technological discoveries thousands of years more advanced and will use it for there ideological ends. Which might lead to WW3.

---

I'd, like to thank GoldHawk for making this game, this forum for giving me ideas and for my men who seem to make me smile every time they manage to make a 5% shot and rage after missing a 95%

Also 10 things that I learned from this game

1. *** Androns

2. Suppression, Suppression and Suppression. if the alien isn't suppressed, he will kill you

3. Grenades are your best friend (flash bangs in particular) use them a lot.

4. aliens loves grenades too, and will throw them at you at every opportunity.

5. Putting most of your men in predator armor with plasma/mag make the game tolerable

6. Singularity cannons makes the game easy

7. Terror attacks will always be in far of places like Anchorage or Melbourne and the aliens will make monthly visits

8.Throwing down your guns after ever turn while fighting caesans stops them from berserking your machine gunner and killing your best soldier from behind. This strategy doesn't work well with reapers.

9. The higher the bravery of the xenonaut, the more chance that he will be MCed at the most crucial of situations

10. *** Androns