isHeavy and strengthLimited

drages

I was working on weapon code and i confused a bit.. to be sure:

isHeavy: Makes the weapon get lower accuracy if the unit moves at that turn and try to fire after..

strengthLimited: Choose acc from lower of strenght or accuracy.

am i right? and do you know any fancy code about weapons?

isHeavy drops accuracy by half if you move. And yes, I believe strengthLimited does as you describe.

EDIT: In one of my older mods, I used isHeavy to simulate arms which require some kind of a "set-up" time, such a rifle with a bipod or fragile alien technology that doesn't like rapid movement.

Edited by Max_Caine

isHeavy drops accuracy by half if you move. And yes, I believe strengthLimited does as you describe.

EDIT: In one of my older mods, I used isHeavy to simulate arms which require some kind of a "set-up" time, such a rifle with a bipod or fragile alien technology that doesn't like rapid movement.

Yeah like sniper rifles at XNT.. it's nice element to use.. thx

and hypervelocity is still death, isnt it?

Hypervelocity still works, but remember it messes up accuracy calculations. Projectiles with the hypervelocity tag will cause damage to any prop they interact with. If a hypervelocity projectile does enough damage to a prop to destroy it, damage done is subtracted from the total damage the projectile can cause, and if total damage is higher than 0, the projectile will continue to move in the direction it was travelling in.

• 1 month later...