[v1.59 Ground Combat] False LOS indicator and Fire clipping through walls

Not sure if this worth your time, as this play-through is with several mods - though as far as I know they shouldn't be affecting the clipping bullets/LOS. Anyway, just in case it turns out to be helpful:

Game version is from GOG

Mods Active:

PO Mod Name Author Version

1 Dynamic UFOs Kabill 3.0

2 Armoured Assault Kabill 1.2

3 Lore+ Max_Caine 1.1c3

4 Enhanced Crash Sites Kabill 3.0

5 Skitso's Map Pack Skitso 1.5

Basically first save has my machine gunner semi reliably clipping his shots through a wall if asked to fire at an enemy, and the second save has my sniper being told he can fire through 100% cover.

I figured that since these saves are by Xenonaut's actions, rather than enemy's turn, they may make these issues easier to debug.

Broken LOS fire save:

Note enemy soldier standing near Cmd. Valeri Polosky

To reproduce bug:

1. Select Cmd.Kseniya Andropova

2. Have her fire at enemy soldier standing close to Valeri Polosky

Optionally for same result but easier to see: fire at a spot in the ground on the enemy's and Kseniya's side of the wall, between the Andron and the wall for similar results (more shots will stray across the wall)

Result I am getting:

Shots from Kseniya burst of fire that stray to the side of Valeri always clip through the stone wall.

Initially noticed bug when on first attempt to shoot the enemy soldier, 2 of her bullets hit Valeri.

Bug does not happen for me if I intentionally aim her fire at Valeri or any spot on the other side of the wall where the LOS estimate says 100% obstruction - during such attempts her shots correctly hit the wall.

Possibly Broken LOS save (this seems like it could be the map pack mod issue rather than game, but just in case):

Select Comd. Eva Peters and have her target the only visible alien. Her LOS estimate states that she had direct line of sight, despite it going directly through a tree thicket. The tree thicket 'activates' as a 100% cover if she attempts to target ground to the right of the alien with respect to her - it seems like only half the thicket gives correct estimates.

Out of 10 attempts to have her shoot, all shots very stopped by the thicket - so the problem here is only with LOS estimate, not the actual shooting.

Broken LOS Fire.sav

Possibly Broken LOS.sav

Broken LOS Fire.sav

Possibly Broken LOS.sav

Broken LOS Fire.sav

Possibly Broken LOS.sav