Aircraft missiles

aajs

Hi all,

This is a bit of a tricky one.

I have created a new lightweight missile equivalent to a sidewinder and equipped it on a new fighter I made.

I can see it is equipped fine, in the aircraft equipment view, however if I click it and change it to one of the other missile types, I then cannot change it back again. Is this a limitation of the code or can I go and add my new missile to a script somewhere, so that it will appear in the list?

Did u make it unlimited at items?

Probably you put it into your planes weapons but didnt put it at items.. you need to put it to aircraftweapons.xml and items.

Its in both places and set to unlimited on research, I then use unlock item, in the researches.xml entry.

Its in both places and set to unlimited on research, I then use unlock item, in the researches.xml entry.

So you crafted new airplane then you put it already in it at code..

<Cell><Data ss:Type="String">AV.AUTOCANNON;AV.newrocket</Data></Cell>

After that you started the game and put unlimited on research.. so you didnt research it yet then :)

So you crafted new airplane then you put it already in it at code..

After that you started the game and put unlimited on research.. so you didnt research it yet then :)

Hi Drages,

Yes I researched my plane which then unlocked the manufacturing process to create the plane.. but the completed research also unlocked the items my new missile and cannon.

Then once I manufacture a plane I can go to the hanger and see it with all its weapon loadouts as expected. I can then take this plane into combat and the weapons all work fine etc... However in the hanger if I click the weapon I can switch it to a sidewinder instead, but if I do change to a sidewinder I cannot then change it back to my missile as my missile is no longer in the list.

Hmm.. then your new missile is "heavy".. it should be "normal" to see and put it to the normal launcher..

you gave your plane "normal weapon" slot.. but put a "heavy" missle to its default weapon.. so when you changed it to sidewinder you cant put your new heavy missile to that slot..

Hmm.. then your new missile is "heavy".. it should be "normal" to see and put it to the normal launcher..

you gave your plane "normal weapon" slot.. but put a "heavy" missle to its default weapon.. so when you changed it to sidewinder you cant put your new heavy missile to that slot..

Hmmm nope it set as normal and not heavy...I guess I will just have to live with it for now.

Hmmm nope it set as normal and not heavy...I guess I will just have to live with it for now.

Aaaahh haaa.

Now I finally understand what is going on. The reason my weapons list does not get populate is that the list is obviously built out at the beginning of the game and never re-evaluated. This is not a problem for vanilla as the weapons are slowly replaced with better ones.

I set my weapons to unlimited and the now appear in the weapon list and can be swapped back and forth.

Looks like if you want to add additional weapons to the aircraft weapon list later in the game, then you need to create a dumbed down version of it that is unlimited at the start of the game to at least claim a slot in the weapon list. You can then replace item with what you want later.... I can still get what I want but now need to do a whole load of rebalancing.

hope that helps someone else.

Aaaahh haaa.

Now I finally understand what is going on. The reason my weapons list does not get populate is that the list is obviously built out at the beginning of the game and never re-evaluated. This is not a problem for vanilla as the weapons are slowly replaced with better ones.

I set my weapons to unlimited and the now appear in the weapon list and can be swapped back and forth.

Looks like if you want to add additional weapons to the aircraft weapon list later in the game, then you need to create a dumbed down version of it that is unlimited at the start of the game to at least claim a slot in the weapon list. You can then replace item with what you want later.... I can still get what I want but now need to do a whole load of rebalancing.

hope that helps someone else.

Nope, I am still wrong. The above seems to work for cannons, however still cant seem to get my new missiles to appear in the selection list after clicking away from them.

Can you check my mod.. there is some new missiles/torpedoes.. check that codes.. maybe you miss something.. I know that sometimes i give days to find a stupid error.. and check your logfile for checking your modmerging works fine..

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Goldhawk Interactive\Xenonauts