[V1.59 - Geoscape] No aircraft present at this base

Hello,

I have three bases in the game, all having free hangars and some planes.

On two of them hangar view works as it should, on the second base it shows plane with superscript "No aircraft present at this base". I still can switch between aircrafts using UI arrows. In base construction screen all planes and hangars are shown as it should be.

Also, it is not possible to transfer planes between bases as all destination menu points are inactive.

I'm playing Linux version.

Thanks,

S.R.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seeing the same bug. It looks like I can transfer from my satellite bases to main, but not the other way around. I have three bases, and at this point, one base has 3 empty hangars. Yet I can't relocate any planes there. This was working earlier in the game. Only noticed once going to v1.59, and on Linux as well.

Same thing happening to me, v1.59 on Mac OS X 10.10.3

Extremely frustrating as I just entered into April in the game. Bug is preventing me from moving Marauders to my other bases which is really hurting my air superiority.

I've tried all the different builds available on Steam to no avail, most won't even read my saves.

20-30 hours into this game so far so to hit a big bug like this near the end is really terrible :(

Ok, after some determination not to give up on my game, I almost found a workaround. Maybe it will help the devs troubleshoot...

Building a new hangar at the affected bases has made the game "see" the *old*, occupied hangars.

For instance, at one base I have 4 hangars originally with 1 Marauder, 2 Foxtrots, and 1 Condor. I decommissioned the Condor (game was already missing the hangars but I could still click through the aircraft) to make room for a new Marauder transferred from my main base. Then I built a new hangar there. After the completion of the new hangar, I can now see 3 hangars on the Aircraft screen for that base: the ones with the Foxtrots and Marauder in them. The empty former-Condor hangar and the newly built hangar still don't show up, and I still can't transfer from main base.

Then I just tried decommissioning one of the Foxtrots there to see if I could transfer the Marauder. The empty hangar immediately does not show up on Aircraft screen and I still can't transfer the Marauder.

I have a few save games made through various stages of this process if examining them would help debugging.

Finally, just want to mention that this didn't seem to start happening until I returned from a ground mission at a crashed Carrier. Or at least that was when I first noticed it, because I then had enough Alenium to make another Marauder. I hadn't transferred any planes within the last few game weeks, so its possible it started sooner. But prior to that I was doing a lot of plane shuffling while upgrading my fleet.

Some more evidence:

Just ran my first ground mission after building new hangars and getting the game to kinda see the old hangars. Upon returning to the Geoscape, 1 of my bases now says NO AIRCRAFT PRESENT again. So definitely seems related to ground missions somehow.

So it doesn't manifest immediately when you build three bases etc? If you started a new game, you wouldn't be able to immediately and reliably reproduce it? It's a bit of a bummer if not because it makes it much harder for us to fix - unfortunately seeing games that have already been corrupted doesn't help that much in working out what actually went wrong.

There was a weird issue floating around a while ago with UFOs occasionally ending up in the hangars after air combat that only affected the Mac / Linux versions if I recall correctly too, but if it's only affecting mac / linux builds it's kinda hard for us to debug because sometimes it's just an issue with WINE rather than anything with our own code (tho admittedly sometimes it's our fault too).

If it helps, it appears that the hangars stay present, but we cannot demolish them either. Just say "you cannot demolish this building" when you try to right click.

In addition, the hangar capacity shows 2/0 or 2/1 if I build a new hangar. This corresponds to the amount of planes I already had at my satellite base prior to the patch going on, and not in regards to the actual number of hangars I have.

Not sure if a savefile would help to look at and see why the code things the hangars are "untouchable" or just don't plain exist? This also seems to be tied to the satellite bases, as my main one still shows 4/4 for the planes to hangar ratio.

• 2 months later...

Any news on this? I found my save files had been corrupted by this bug after several major battles. Now my latest non-corrupted file is a month old.

Is there some way to edit the save file or some cheat I can use to fix this? I don't know if I could abandon the last game-month of play...