Yay, FINALLY completed the game(my comments include some spoilers)

Gotta say that at same time I love and hate the final mission. On the other hand concept is cool, but gameplay wise its hall with little cover where everytime you take step all enemies shoot and hit you :P I guess its to make you move at slug's pace so that reaper spawning will really make you consider whether you want to destroy engines or not to save soldiers.... I could swear though that enemies in last mission do much more damage(and are much more accurate) than enemies in game otherwise, but I guess that might be because there isn't really good cover around..

Anyway, I did remember seeing heavy drone somewhere before so I guess I do have seen it somewhere, but I definitely haven't seen its autopsy so I probably did see it on one of 1.09 playthroughs but never managed to kill it <_< Still sad about medium and heavy drones, they are only research entries I missed...

Fury is pretty awesome and singularity canon is awesome too :D I kinda wish there was aircraft that was capable of having tons of fuel and patrolling areas... I heard there is saracen mod that makes it long range version of foxtrot so I guess thats almost as good.

Actually, even besides fury and singularity canon, last tier equipment in this game is really awesome even when compared to other XCOM type games. They just feel so satisfying. Predator makes everyone into terminator and sentinel gives all sorts of good upgrades..

Also, is it just me or was high praetor 3d model instead of sprite? O-o; It definitely had animation at least...

Anyway, on final epilogue from head scientist, I love that :D(I loved scientist's personality in research note through whole game) Its really ominous(as is everyone who says "Hey we have better weaponry than everyone else, who is to stop us?"), but its kinda referencing what happened to original XCOM in original game when war ended and taking stance to avoid that situation.

I do have to admit that now that I'm thinking about it, I'm bit confused why aliens became catatonic(including captured praetor) according to epilogue .-. It does explain why the remaining fleet in chaos doesn't just glass the earth, but considering how much captured praetor wanted to live, he clearly didn't know that killing high praetor would result in that? I don't mind that much, just something to think about xD

Anyhoo, now to complete game on ironman. I guess I'll be using skitso's mappack mod this time. Then after successfully finishing it on ironman, it'd be time to try out community edition..

I do have to admit that now that I'm thinking about it, I'm bit confused why aliens became catatonic(including captured praetor) according to epilogue .-. It does explain why the remaining fleet in chaos doesn't just glass the earth, but considering how much captured praetor wanted to live, he clearly didn't know that killing high praetor would result in that? I don't mind that much, just something to think about xD

Anyhoo, now to complete game on ironman. I guess I'll be using skitso's mappack mod this time. Then after successfully finishing it on ironman, it'd be time to try out community edition..

You can go for CE for Ironman.. CE alone is a good addition to main game without changing the core game. CE is not a mod alone.

It was kinda unfortunate that taking out the preator with stun batons didn't seem to allow the soldiers to take it with them, to be honest. That ending though, such a cliffhanger

It never even occurred to me that someone might try that :)

• 2 weeks later...