Xenonaut MoreChoices Part 1 GC Items

aajs

You can use the unused categories like equipment. There are 3 unused categories as I remember and you can change their names at string file. I hope ilunak will add lock manufacture so we can delete older ones.

aaaah haaa

Thanks Drages

Extraterrestrial

Equipment

Ammunition

Right?

aaaah haaa

Thanks Drages

Extraterrestrial

Equipment

Ammunition

Right?

Yep.. as i said you can rename them at string.xml.. but you will use default names at coding at manufacture file ofcourse.. Still we need the option to delete old manufactures and even more categories..

If you need 1 more, you can combine the air and vehicle weapons or armours.. just the airplane and vehicle manufacture categories are unique because one needs hangar the other need garage whatever you do there..

I watched many fallout 4 videos and the manufacture line is more then awesome.. realy creazy stuff..

Yep.. as i said you can rename them at string.xml.. but you will use default names at coding at manufacture file ofcourse.. Still we need the option to delete old manufactures and even more categories..

If you need 1 more, you can combine the air and vehicle weapons or armours.. just the airplane and vehicle manufacture categories are unique because one needs hangar the other need garage whatever you do there..

I watched many fallout 4 videos and the manufacture line is more then awesome.. realy creazy stuff..

I was looking for some of the videos you mentioned but did not manage to find any.

Latest thing I am adding is a plasma cutter... Sometimes it annoying when aliens keep closing the door or a big building is in the way. So I am making plasma cutter so you can cut a hole through it.

I was looking for some of the videos you mentioned but did not manage to find any.

Latest thing I am adding is a plasma cutter... Sometimes it annoying when aliens keep closing the door or a big building is in the way. So I am making plasma cutter so you can cut a hole through it.

If you want to make a door destroyer weapon, you should us incendiary damage. incendiary makes 4x time more damage to objects and you can change this at config.xml. I thing the big alien doors should be bullet proof because they are... forgot what ppl name them.. very tough gates which resists big explosions. So i gave them huge hp like 2000 and more.. so its nearly impossible to open with shooting een grenades. So my heavy explosives are making about 400 damage and incendiary multiplayer is 5x at xdivision.. so you need 1-2 heavy explosives to pass that doors..

Cutter is a good idea but you can use the cutter to kill aliens and it should be a very powerfull tool to cut that alien doors.. So how did you balance this weapon?

If you want to make a door destroyer weapon, you should us incendiary damage. incendiary makes 4x time more damage to objects and you can change this at config.xml. I thing the big alien doors should be bullet proof because they are... forgot what ppl name them.. very tough gates which resists big explosions. So i gave them huge hp like 2000 and more.. so its nearly impossible to open with shooting een grenades. So my heavy explosives are making about 400 damage and incendiary multiplayer is 5x at xdivision.. so you need 1-2 heavy explosives to pass that doors..

Cutter is a good idea but you can use the cutter to kill aliens and it should be a very powerfull tool to cut that alien doors.. So how did you balance this weapon?

Balancing was not as tricky as I thought it would be...I made it two handed so you cannot decide to equip it with a shield. Gave it a range of 1 so its effectively a melee weapon. Then I gave it such a high AP that you cant move and use it in the same round.... That way if you want to use it to fight an alien you effectively have to walk up to it point blank then wait a round to get enough AP to use the item. In most cases if you were crazy enough to attempt it you would be killed way before you could use it.

• 1 month later...

Finally....Nearly finished my Mods.

Hopefully there is still some people left interested in playing them.

I thought I had finished them a while ago but ended up adding a whole load of extra content after Reactocore did some play testing for me.

My mod will now be 5 Separate mods so that you can add and remove components according to taste.

Here was the extra suggestions and requests.

I love the special equipment you added such as the scanner that improves reaction and the antigrav device that sacrifices slots for more carrying capacity and requires alien corpses to manufacture. These are an awesome addition and would like to see more.

Done

The 3D drag texture suprised me and made the mod look really unique. I just feel concerned that makes it harder for you to manage the mod and add new items due to added effort needed to make it happen.

Done anyway, but I still have one or two items without alternate drag textures (Update in future)

Like you mentioned, the laser and plasma weapons are still there. I really love the idea of having the whole game revolve around varied ballistics, with some special weapons to complement them, such like the toxin, tranq, electro, flame and crossbows weapons, that act as speciality weapons than upgrades, so I think the laser and plasma weapons could be adapted to that.

Done.. The Vanilla weapons are still the bench mark weapons in my game, all other weapons fit around them, however I have now added additional weapons to the Laser and Plasma categories.

I really enjoyed the starter weapons. Beginning the game with only the same guns civilians use is pretty cool and I think they shouldn't be replaced, but have the military grade vanilla xenonaut ballistics be actually manufacturable weapons. In essence, only those starter weapons would ever be free and unlimited.

Done... After lots of play testing I actually made the ballistic weapons all but the elite tiers non manufacturable but unlimited, otherwise the game becomes a little laborious.

Huge props for the "Get a free prototype from research complete" mechanic. I love that since it allows the player to test drive a item/gun before actually investing in it. I think you should only get 1 prototype instead of two, but either way, I think as a result the lab upkeep cost or scientist wage can be increased to explain the "free" stuff you get. Since its possible to manufacture items and sell them for profit, this increase in cost is fine.

Done. Adjusted so you get one free prototype item at first base after research.

Obviously the mod is still unfinished, but the manufacturing cost, time and requirements need to be rebalanced. I would ask for you to not completely rely on arbitrary numbers like 5 days/10 days/20 days or 500$/5.000$/10.000$ (see the pattern?), but something that would make sense realistically, but also feel fair so that the values are not "artificial", if that makes sense to you?

Done

Only thing now, is my mod took so long that, there is not too many people left to play it.

Oh well I guess the fun was all in the making of it.

For anybody who wants to have another play through of the game my mod should be uploaded and available by the weekend and will now consist of 5 Mods..

Part 1: Ground Combat Items

Part 2: All things alien (capture and convert their weapons, vehicles and space craft for your use)

Part 3: Aircraft

Part 4: Armour

Part 5: Buildings

These will all be able to be mixed and matched, so you can swap them in and out with other peoples mods.

I have already play tested my mods along side my favourites without any compatibility issues.

I will publish a list of Mods that compliment mine to make the play through as exiting as possible.

Only thing now, is my mod took so long that, there is not too many people left to play it.

Oh well I guess the fun was all in the making of it.

Not so fast sir.

There are literally thousands of people that would be willing to try a mod like this, the only thing that hasn't been done is letting people know it exists. Especially so since this is a full playthrough encompassing mod, not just a tweak or a tiny addition.

What you have here, when released, is practically a new game experience entirely. Thats a big deal, almost akin to a release of a new xenonauts game. People like xenonauts and would be thrilled with something that expands and changes it significantly.

Here is a list of places where to upload a mod or to post a link saying that your mod exists:

http://www.nexusmods.com/xenonauts/?

http://www.moddb.com/games/xenonauts

https://www.reddit.com/r/xenonauts

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xcom

http://steamcommunity.com/app/223830/workshop/ (Use the mod uploader in your game folder)

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameMods/

All you need to do is to post about or upload your mod once. Optionally, you can then follow up if anyone has questions about the mod you uploaded/posted about.

Seriously, I have the tiny ass Deluxe Geoscape Cheat mod uploaded to the steam workshop and it has over 1000 users using it right now. And thats steam workshop alone, not to mention the trafic from other sites I mentioned.

Your mod is worth it man, spread the word. : )

Not so fast sir.

There are literally thousands of people that would be willing to try a mod like this, the only thing that hasn't been done is letting people know it exists. Especially so since this is a full playthrough encompassing mod, not just a tweak or a tiny addition.

What you have here, when released, is practically a new game experience entirely. Thats a big deal, almost akin to a release of a new xenonauts game. People like xenonauts and would be thrilled with something that expands and changes it significantly.

Your mod is worth it man, spread the word. : )

Thanks again reactocore.

I will put links everywhere you suggested.

Just uploading everything now...

I will post links to this site here first then the others.

Only slight issue is my armour mod is a bit huge the file size is just over a Gig.

Not sure what the file size limit is on steam, but hopefully I can work something out.

Hey, i'm really having a blast playing this so far!

Only thing I feel could maybe be adjusted is the tech progression. It feels very fast at the moment. I often dont get the chance to build something before the next tier of that object is researched. Of course I could always fire some scientists to slow it down...;)

And it would be really cool to have hard number stats on the armor variants, how exactly the stealth variant differs from the hazmat etc..

Hey, i'm really having a blast playing this so far!

Only thing I feel could maybe be adjusted is the tech progression. It feels very fast at the moment. I often dont get the chance to build something before the next tier of that object is researched. Of course I could always fire some scientists to slow it down...;)

And it would be really cool to have hard number stats on the armor variants, how exactly the stealth variant differs from the hazmat etc..

Thanks for the feedback, glad you are enjoying the mods. Yes I got so carried away adding content its now very intense trying to research every thing. I think I need to slow down the game so its plays out a little longer. I think Drages did that already in his mod.

Drages if you catch this post can you give me some pointers on slowing down the enemy progression a little.

That should allow a liitle more time for playeers to enjoy the items before the next wave of research projects.

As for the armour, I will have to look into it. The worse case scenario, I could put some numbers in the xeneopedia entry.