So with what crews do medium and heavy drones appear exactly?

Yes, I STILL haven't finished the game :P I did get to praetors after release, but bug with reapers made me take a break and I figured out to start over now. I think I had everything researched but hadn't managed to capture a praetor

I have seen medium drones occasionally, but as I die usually soon after that point, I haven't gotten chances to see heavy drones(I didn't even see them when I got to praetors long time ago <_<). In this playthrough I took break from ironman so that I'd finally see the end, gonna start ironmanning again after this though

But I have apparently managed to skip medium drones completely on this playthrough <_<; In previous playthroughs I did see them with androns/caesans/sebilians before reapers/harridans/wraiths started appearing, but didn't this time. And I haven't seen heavy drones at all even though praetors have started appearing... So when exactly are mid and end game drones supposed to appear? ._.; Do they only appear with smaller ships that have single species crew? Or have I had some "bad"(while they are annoying, I do want to finish xenopedia...) luck?..

Edited by XenoMask