How do you edit terror mission frequency? Specifically in Magnumnauts

X-Ray

Hi, was playing Magnumnauts and raged after I got two terror missions in the first month. I was wondering how you could edit the frequency of terror missions that happen per month, as I looked in the AM_Terror.xml config file and couldn't really figure anything out.

I also found an interesting subunit of the reaper while poking around in the Magnumnauts alien unit folder and found a subunit of the reaper only known as the 'martyr'. It had one weapon, a bombvest, but the Spectre XML file inside was for civvy units. Was this a part of earlier Xenonauts versions or added in this mod? It doesn't have any animations.

Magnumnauts modder is not here so I don't think someone can answer specific questions about it.

About terror missions, look to the game config file. There is a line about how many days should be passed between 2 terror mission.

Thanks Drages. I've lowered the terror mission chance per wave from 20 to 5%. One question, does the Ticker Value dictate how many days before terror missions start ingame? Default ticker value for X:CE is 200.

Hi, was playing Magnumnauts and raged after I got two terror missions in the first month. I was wondering how you could edit the frequency of terror missions that happen per month, as I looked in the AM_Terror.xml config file and couldn't really figure anything out.

I also found an interesting subunit of the reaper while poking around in the Magnumnauts alien unit folder and found a subunit of the reaper only known as the 'martyr'. It had one weapon, a bombvest, but the Spectre XML file inside was for civvy units. Was this a part of earlier Xenonauts versions or added in this mod? It doesn't have any animations.

IIRC the martyr was added by Magnumnauts. It was supposed to use civilian animations to replicate a suicide bomber, but I'm not sure if he got around to completing it.

I seem to remember the modder who made Magnumauts had plans for making a civilian with a bombvest who could blow up aliens. So that is consistent with the civvy unit sprites. He has a thread about it somewhere in this forum.