[v1.59 Stable - Ground Combat] C4 charges detonating "randomly"

So I am doing normal Ironman, so I'm afraid I can't provide a save from before it happened.

I have c4 blocks on my 1 shield-man, 1 assault, 2 rifleman, and for this mission I also gave one to my 1 sniper because her strength was getting really high, and at this point carrying more grenades was superfluous.

I was on a farm map, and rather than risk peaking around the corners (it was a Sebillion crash site), I set c4 to blow strategic sections of the hedgerows, with my squad in firing positions.

I had the shield guy arm the charge, drop it straight from inventory next to the obstacles, then run away. I had the rifleman, a good distance away, simply arm and chuck it, targeting the hedgerow itself so the c4 landed "in" it.

My Sniper was far away, and EVERY square around her was revealed and clear.

Both charges were set for 3 turns, on the same turn. Next I just waited, with no activity on my side or seen on theirs. End of the third turn, first the Shielder's charge detonates, then the one the rifleman placed, and then the one the sniper was carrying. She never even switched from her rifle, never opened the inventory, never set a timer on the charge. She was no where near the other charges, so it wasn't as if she was caught in an explosion (and even then, I'm not sure if it even would go off in her bag like that).

Apparently the charges killed the last alien (my rocket barrage must have cleared out the UFO), as the mission ended right after the charges detonated. Sure enough, my elite sniper is listed KIA.

It's kind of infuriating, preliminary google search didn't find anything about a bug like this. It was almost if the sniper's charge was somehow "synced" to detonate right after the others, even though I had at least one more charge carried by the assault.On ever mission I have had multiple guys carrying c4 (usually 3 but at least 2: shield and assault), although I've never had more than one c4 counting down at once, which might be the source of the bug?

I understand nothing can revive the dead, but perhaps this can be fixed before someone else succumbs to it :(

I will provide more details if needed.

Thanks for the report. Weird - although we did have a similar bug in the past where setting the timer for one C4 charge would set it for every C4 pack on the map (with predictable results).

How long were the timers? So both C4s were set to the same timers in the same turn?

Thanks for the report. Weird - although we did have a similar bug in the past where setting the timer for one C4 charge would set it for every C4 pack on the map (with predictable results).

How long were the timers? So both C4s were set to the same timers in the same turn?

Yes, Both c4 where set to a 3-turn timer on the same turn.

I did afterwards start a new game giving everyone c4 trying to replicate the results, with no results, which I guess is bitter sweet that it's rare but I figure that would also make it hard to fix.