[V1.54 Stable - Ground Combat] Crash upon attempting to enter Alien Outpost

Hello

Enjoying Xenonauts, got it from GOG. Consequently I am on 1.54 Stable as the later patches haven't filtered through to GOG yet. Game is completely vanilla.

Everything was going fine except that when an Alien Outpost appeared the game stalls on my attempting to enter it. I have done one alien base before (an outpost? cant recall exactly) without any issues and so I am unsure why this it is suddenly a problem. I do have higher tech now.

The symptoms are exactly the same as in this thread that I found for the Community Edition:

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12278-Alien-outpost-atack-causes-crash

There is a 'fix' in it there - a new xenonauts.exe file. But it is Community Edition and so I haven't tried it as I suspect it may create issues? Let me know if I should.

I've read the Common Bugs & Fixes thread but the applicable issue (5) doesn't help me - for example GOG doesn't have a compatability version of the game for me available?

Save game attached...

[ATTACH]6312[/ATTACH]

Edit:

Just thought of something significant. I'm on Windows 10 Technical preview (64 bit). Has caused no issues with this game before though. Its an AMD A10-7850K running integrated graphics.

Appreciate advice.

Cheers

Vesperan

Vesperan.sav

Vesperan.sav

Edited by Vesperan

Hi - I recommend you update to V1.59, because I think this is a bug that's been fixed. I sent V1.59 to the guys at GOG yesterday and they told me they were expecting it to go live today, so hopefully it'll be with you soon (even if only as a standalone full download).

Hi - I recommend you update to V1.59, because I think this is a bug that's been fixed. I sent V1.59 to the guys at GOG yesterday and they told me they were expecting it to go live today, so hopefully it'll be with you soon (even if only as a standalone full download).

Yes its gone to GOG - just updated to 1.59 and... it has fixed the problem!

Good timing there, good work. All I have done is made sure the level loads but all is looking good.

Many thanks!