"Exploit" to get stats without fighting

So I realized, after aborting a fight against an alien base (lost two shielders due to herpa derpa Reapers) that you can actually just assault the base, move around for one turn and then abort - rince and repeat and you will eventually get as much TU as u want. This applies to strength, aim (if you shoot one before going back) and HP with all increase eventually. Thoughts on this? Not gonna do it myself, too boring, but it's possible. :P

It's a single-player game. If someone wants to spend their days looking at the "loading ground combat" screen while they cycle into and out of an alien base, then why should I care? It literally has absolutely no effect on me whatsoever.

And if I wanted to pump up my troops' stats to godmode the game, there are quicker and easier ways to do it. Like creating a mod that sets all ballistic weapons to do 1000 damage and makes the basic armor coveralls jack all my stats up to 200 and give 1000 armor that never degrades. Even if I didn't know how to mod Xenonauts and had to learn how to do that first, it would still be quicker and easier than repeatedly cycling into and out of an alien base.

Haha, that's true. But don't you use some exploits in the game in general? "Abusing AI" (in whatever means possible), shooting at targets behind 100% cover (some ways to do it), [insert possible exploit], etc. I'm the kind of player that, if there is something I can do to get an advantage in a game legitimately, I will do it; whether this be going to a landed UFO to abort it just to remove it from geoscape or w/e. Just found it interesting because this is one of the few ways (I've discovered) to really exploit something in this game legitimately (obviously mods/changing game files is out of the question). :P

I do this all the time, when I'm absolutely sure there are no other aliens in the crash site other than inside the UFO. Just run all my troops around or have them do sit-ups. It's totally legitimate and something that may make you feel smart for knowing about. There's a limit to the amount of additional max TU you can gain per mission anyway.

Although yeah exploiting the alien base that way does seem a bit too excessive for me as well. I usually just want to wipe it out as soon as possible with the least casualties so I'm probably never gonna think about abandoning my progress in a base assault mission, even if it's just one kill.

Haha, that's true. But don't you use some exploits in the game in general?

Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. My point is that, either way, it has absolutely no effect on anyone else, so what difference does it make whether I do or not?

But, no, I don't do anything that feels to me like an exploit because, by definition, anything that I feel is an exploit is something that seems unreasonable to me. That said, I can definitely see how some of the things I do to survive entering alien ships or getting through teleporters might register as "exploits" to other people.

"Abusing AI" (in whatever means possible),

Assuming that putting a mag round through their skull or filling their backs with hot plasma counts as "abuse", yes, I abuse them constantly. :D

Maybe I do. Maybe I don't. My point is that, either way, it has absolutely no effect on anyone else, so what difference does it make whether I do or not?

I'm just asking out of pure curiosity about people's thoughts. Or what they do themselves.

Assuming that putting a mag round through their skull or filling their backs with hot plasma counts as "abuse", yes, I abuse them constantly. :D

This is more like our way of hugging them. :)