Xenonauts V1.59 Released on Experimental branch!

We've just pushed out V1.59 on the Steam Experimental branch. It's just V1.58 with the accuracy changes from V1.57 that we accidentally left in stripped out (we did not release V1.57 as the patch caused more problems than it fixed).

We're releasing it on the Experimental branch first so you guys can check it doesn't have any major issues in it, if not then tomorrow or maybe Saturday we'll set it live on the main branch - V1.58 contained some fixes for crashes / hangs that we want to get back out there as soon as possible. Enjoy.

Sadly, it seems that none of the updates above 1.54 have made it to gog yet. This means I haven't been able to play xen for over a month due to a hidden movement bug which I think you have fixed :-(. I don't suppose there is any way to change my account from gog to a steam one is there?

• 2 weeks later...

So far 1.59 has been fine (only the occasional CTD).

*Spoiler alert *

I am slightly miffed, though, having designed my bases so that in the original they would have been easily defendable from assault, to find the aliens appearing BEHIND base entry points (i.e. hangers and garages)! I wonder just how the Reapers etc. snuck in to a high security installation in that way (through the air vents?!).

I am also wondering why Burt Reynolds appears as one of the Generals in the title screen(!). I did come across Trooper Chris England of 3 Para, but he didn't last too long :(.

If you explore the base you can see the tunnelling pods they've used to break into your base. They can appear anywhere on the outer "edge" of your base.

(The game's set in 1979 so obviously Burt Reynolds was involved in the defence of the planet.)

• 2 weeks later...

Will there be a V1.59 compatibility released on the Humble Store for Mac at some point? AT the moment it says it is V1.56 compatibility?

on there for Mac.

I am using an iMac and the non-compatibility version of 1.59 eventually gets the glitches in combat and crashes so I switched to compatibility, which seems to work fine but I want to play the final finished version if possible.

Yes, we'll probably release a compatibility version of V1.59 in the near-ish future.

Yes, the game is considered finished - alien psionics were nerfed in V1.5 and we're not planning to nerf them any further.

Yes, we'll probably release a compatibility version of V1.59 in the near-ish future.

Yes, the game is considered finished - alien psionics were nerfed in V1.5 and we're not planning to nerf them any further.

Cheers for the news on the compatibility version Chris.

I've now actually set up bootcamp on my imac with an old copy of Windows 7 that I had lying around and it's working like a dream so far... apart from an alien officer killing five of my men with a grenade as we entered our first corvette. Dam him to hell.

Really enjoying the final version of the game.

Do you have a fix planned for the C4 timer somehow becoming global and all of your agents C4 exploding in their pants?

If someone can reliably reproduce it, we can probably fix it. People have reported it happening on occasion but sadly when they try to reproduce it they usually can't get it to happen again - same thing about the alien shots occasionally clipping through walls etc.

same thing about the alien shots occasionally clipping through walls etc.

That one should be easy to fix. Compare X:CE's and 1.5x's CBaseBullet::CalcTrajectory() after the call to ScatterBullet() - X:CE computes a new shot path if the target tile has changed, but 1.5x doesn't.

Yes, V1.59 is out and has been out since April.

However, just like any piece of software in existence it does still have some bugs in it, so if it's possible to easily fix one of them (and we'll look into the fix suggested by llunak above) then we may push out another update in the future and bring it up to V1.60. No sense in never doing a fix ever again just because we thought V1.59 would be the last version at the time, particularly as the clipping issue is probably the biggest issue left in the game.

If someone can reliably reproduce it, we can probably fix it. People have reported it happening on occasion but sadly when they try to reproduce it they usually can't get it to happen again - same thing about the alien shots occasionally clipping through walls etc.

Ah, that's totally fair, I just started a new playhtrough and the very time I used C4 in the very first mission, that happened, so I just assumed it was a consistent problem.

It's totally fine, I'll just save before using C4 to prevent hilarious wardrobe malfunctions.

Edited by Netkev

• 1 month later...