Change nationality chances?

hawkbox

My apologies if this is posted somewhere obvious, but I've looked twice now and have come up with nothing. Is there a way to effectively change the chances of a particular nationality coming up? I've been playing around with soldiernames.xml file and regardless of what I do it doesn't seem to make any effective difference in how the nationalities are sorted.

I realize this isn't the end of the world but I like using my own nationality for friends so I can be extra upset when a reaper zombifies them. I am running the Community Edition right now so if that breaks it somehow that's fine, but at the moment I'm at a loss on how to make this work as expected.

Can someone explain to me how the nationality breakdown works? Or point me to a decent writeup on what I'm clearly not getting currently?

Thanks.

Thanks for the response, I went through that and I don't seem to understand what it's saying or it isn't working. My read on that is if US is 9 and UK is 3 then there should be a 3-1 ratio of US to UK in the rankings. I've tried making ratios everything from 9-1 all the way through 200-1 without any apparent impact. Do I need to modify the ethnicity value at the same time?

For reference I'm trying to stack the Canadian roster so I can watch in horror as my loved ones fall to the Xeno threat, but even if I modify the chance on them to 100 and leave the rest stock, in the last 5 games I've launch I haven't had a single Canuck spawn.

Maybe I'm missing something obvious but this doesn't seem to work as expect.

I've moved this to modding discussion as it's "properly" become a chat about a mod now.

Which version of Xenonauts are you using? Vanilla? Community Edition? You may find you're editing the wrong copy of the right file. If you go into /assets/mods/ is there an /xce/ folder?

I am indeed using the community edition.I will go investigate and report back.

Edit: Yeah that did the trick, Nothing I found indicated it created a second file for that so I never thought to look.

Thank you for your help.

Edited by hawkbox