Changing grenade AP cost

nDervish

I recently noticed that alien grenades cost fewer AP to throw than human grenades. This seems off to me, so I'd like to change it, but I do not grok MODMERGE attributes fully enough to see what I should use to achieve this.

So, to change the AP cost of alien grenades from 40% to 50%, the actual changed setting is:

<Weapon name="weapon.aliengrenade" bulletType="gasgrenade" emptySound="Empty Click 1"> <SingleShot delay="0.85" sound="Weapon Grenade Throw" suppressionValue="70" suppressionRadius="2">   <Set1 ap="50" accuracy="30" /> </SingleShot></Weapon>

Where do I need to put the MODMERGE and what should it be set to? Also, will I need to include all the other attributes (bulletType, emptySound, delay, accuracy, etc.) in the tags or can it be stripped down to just

<Weapon name="weapon.aliengrenade"> <SingleShot>   <Set1 ap="50"/> </SingleShot></Weapon>

(plus MODMERGE)?

I'm not at my home computer, but you've almost got it right. It should look like this:
<Weapon [b]MODMERGE="update" MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" [/b] name="weapon.aliengrenade"> <SingleShot>   <Set1 ap="50"/> </SingleShot></Weapon>

Really? That's all? I was assuming I'd also need a MODMERGE on the <SingleShot> tag, which doesn't have a name to merge on, so I didn't know how that would be formed. Thanks!

For further details you can see my guide or the MODMERGE documentation.

I've tried to make sense of the main docs before. I failed miserably, despite having been a professional programmer for the last 20ish years and having written similar configuration-merging algorithms myself. The docs seem to assume a level of pre-existing knowledge of the game's internals, as well as using a bit of unclear terminology (e.g., it's not stated what the difference is between "replacing" an existing entry and "updating" an existing entry; I think I can guess, but it's just that - a guess).

Haven't seen your guide before, though. I'll definitely take a look at it!

• 1 month later...