[14.04] Launcher literally taking 5+ minutes to open/Game not launching.

So I am having a few issues trying to get the game started.

After it first downloaded from Steam I ran the game via the directory with Wine. Launcher came up within a few seconds. Ran game, crashed system once it loaded into start screen with men over a table. System did not respond to any commands. Hard reset.

Did some reading, apparently it might have been related to dual-graphics so I purged my FGLRX drivers et al and installed fresh. Set Radeon card as primary device. Tried to launch game... Pops up as a process under TOP, sits there for a good 5 minutes. Then launcher decides to pop up. Click launch game, nothing happens beyond it virtually locking up system although I have access to terminal so have to kill process. Process just sits there for minutes at 100% CPU with around 3% MEM.

Yep... Not too sure where to go from here. Just running updates and getting 32bit support as according to another thread that might be an issue.

Where can I find a crash log to help you help me?

System Specs: Dell 15R I7, 8 gig DDR3, Radeon 8730M on 14.04 with default FGLRX drivers.

Take it you're on a Linux system then? Maybe try our compatibility Steam branch - instructions here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/12716-Xenonauts-Steam-Branches

That version of the game has a ridiculous number of files in it because it doesn't use any form of archiving or compression, but it can fix loading issues some people experience with wine. See if it helps?