help change the game

Larry Burstyn

I think the need to use captured alien alloys is stupid...alloys that are discovered should be buildable items, not capture only, after doing research on making it a buildable item. I remember that XNT had alien alloys as a buildable item . . but the standard game/CE does not. Is there a way to add the ability to make alien alloys to the buildable list.

I figured out how to change the starting cash/buildable room rates and how many people the rooms can have in them. But cannot seem to figure out how to make Alien Alloys a buildable item. Probably need to change more than one data file. Looking at the living room you can count the beds in the scenario where the Xenonaut base is attacked and the number of beds does not match the number of beds in the base map or the number of people the room is suppose to hold. And that does not take into consideration double or more bunking as is used on a submarine or some ranks have their own beds while others must share.

Remember the base operates on a 24 hour clock but the people do not...so just counting the number of machines does not limit the number of people the room should be able to use. Using a 3 shift per 24 hours gives a larger number than the number used in game. If you say that 1 of the 3 shifts is used for maintenance that would be okay.

Edited by Larry Burstyn
add sum stuff on shifts

I missed the String.xml...but still cannot get it to implement alien alloy production...I think I need to do something else than just add lines to research alien alloy production and manufacture alien alloy....maybe increment rows?? Or a screen shot of when research is completed?

I cannot figure out exactly I need to change/add to create the ability to manufacture alien alloys. Any help would be appreciated. I also cannot figure out from looking at those mods that have the ability what they added to allow it...

HELP!!!

Edited by Larry Burstyn