GOG.com relaunched to sell also indie titles

I would also like to see Xenonauts on GOG.com. I would gladly buy it from GOG as well as the pre-order I already got.

The price tag shouldn't be a problem as I think every game negotiates it's own price. When they released The Withcer 2 on GOG.com it's pricetag was $39.99 I believe (or was it $32.99).

Anyhow, I think Chris will have a word regarding pricing of Xenonauts on GOG.com.

Also, many of the customers of GOG.com should be very interested in Xenonauts as the original X-COM is already a good old game and I believe many are visiting GOG.com too see if it's there. I know I did :)

The price tag shouldn't be a problem as I think every game negotiates it's own price. When they released The Withcer 2 on GOG.com it's pricetag was $39.99 I believe (or was it $32.99).

Anyhow, I think Chris will have a word regarding pricing of Xenonauts on GOG.com.

The problem with using TW2 as an example is that CDProjekt owns GOG and produced The Witcher. Any rules that they have don't necessarily apply to their own games.

I think GoG would be a brilliant place to sell Xenonauts.

The only downside is that right now at least it looks like the price cap is 14.99 though that could change.

Selling at a cheap price £5 to £15, usually pays off for good Indie games. Anything more usually gets heavily pirated.

Bad indie games usually end up washed up, whatever the price.

Notch sold Minecraft at a fiver, later going up to around £8, and he has only raked in 80 Million, he should have sold it for £30 a copy, then, he might have made as much as £300.99p. :rolleyes:

Edited by Moonie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, new hear but a longtime X-com fan. I'd add another 'you should consider GoG' voice. Best DD system around and they do have different tier pricing systems now they have evolved to sell some new AAA titles. Currently $39.99 seems to be their most expensive title (for the witcher 2), so you should have no trouble on that score. Good luck and i can't wait for the real X-com remake us fans have been desperate for for decades!

Hi, new hear but a longtime X-com fan. I'd add another 'you should consider GoG' voice. Best DD system around and they do have different tier pricing systems now they have evolved to sell some new AAA titles. Currently $39.99 seems to be their most expensive title (for the witcher 2), so you should have no trouble on that score. Good luck and i can't wait for the real X-com remake us fans have been desperate for for decades!
Chris has already been in contact with GoG. They didn't want to sell Xenonauts because of pricing issues. This was after they accepted the Witcher 2 I believe.

I guess Witcher is acceptable because it's AAA, but they don't want to sell Indie games at what they feel isn't "indie priced"...

The problem with using TW2 as an example is that CDProjekt owns GOG and produced The Witcher. Any rules that they have don't necessarily apply to their own games.

As you can see the Witcher 2 has already been mentioned in this thread.

Edited by Gorlom

When they released TW2 on GoG they had not officially dropped the "Good Old Games" from their name. GoGs focus has changed quite alot since the last time Chris talked to GoG.

Are you sure about that? I think Chris talked to them sometime during the kickstarter project which means it was in May/June...

The only games I find over $20 on GoG.com are AAA titles:

Witcher 2 (exempt from the rules due to ownership),

Alan Wake (2 episodes/games),

Tales of monkey island (5 episodes/games in reality),

Sam & Max Beyond time and space (5 episodes/games),

Sam & Max save the world (6 episodes/games),

ARMA 2: Combined operations (game + expansion + editor).

So you got one game owned by CD Project RED (GoG) and the rest are bundles. Their pricing issue still seem to stand as far as I can tell...

I'm not so sure their focused changed since Chris talked to them. Chris talked to them AFTER this thread that in it's very first post links to http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/03/27/good-old-games-relaunches-as-gog-will-sell-indie-games-and-more-current-titles-drm-free/ which talks about GoG dropping the Good old games name..

I can't seem to find where GoG was discussed on kickstarter so I can't show you what really was the problem accordging to Chris. But as I recall it was the pricing not the direction of GoG

Edited by Gorlom