Problem: Missing entry(base structures) in Xenopedia in 2. game

Hi all,

just bought the game (gog).

Did some mods (X:CE base 0.32hf,settings, balance,Lore+, some others), tested the first game.

No problems so far.

Installed "Xenopedia Entries of Upgraded Aircraft Weapons"(by buzubuz) manually. I *think* I did ist correct.

(Modified xenopedia.xml, researches.xml, made backups first).

tested with second game. Missing entry in xenopedia (last one, base structures).

loaded save from 1. game. Entry is still there.

Tried another new game: entry still missing

Restored backups (x-.xml, r-.xml)

Still no enty.

Any ideas what I did wrong ?

How to restore the missing enty.

I *thought* if I restored the backup .xml files it should be there as this

was all I changed between 1. and 2. game.

Thanks for any help.

Thank you.

But it is an entry category right there at the begining, no research needed.

I contains the descriptions of the base structures like storeroom.

All the other entries are there.

It is the last entry categories of the six at the beginning.

Which set of xmls did you replace and which ones did you restore? It might be that you replaced the /xce/ files, but haven't restored those files.

Additonally, I'm confused as to why you had to manually install Buzubuzu's work. There's a CE compatible version in the downloads section of the forums.

Which set of xmls did you replace and which ones did you restore? It might be that you replaced the /xce/ files, but haven't restored those files.

Additonally, I'm confused as to why you had to manually install Buzubuzu's work. There's a CE compatible version in the downloads section of the forums.

I do play with the GoG (not Steam) Version.

For the 1. testgame I had the X:Ce mod,balance and settings installed via Mod launcher. (no other mods visible)

I manually added Jsleezy's Real Armors, fighter portraits and sounds (could not be added via add new mod in launcher) as instructed.

Saved the game after the 1st battle. Base structures showing in xenopedia

For the 2. testgame I added additionally via mod launcher: Lore+,Fire in the hole,Enhanced crash sites,Dynnamic Ufos and armored assault. Mod launcher sorted automatically after promting. New entry (breaching charge) but missing base structures.

The problem is maybe insignificant (apart from some hints in the descriptions like max of three radars), especially if there are no additional structures via research (don't know yet) but it naggs without end as I cannot find what cases it.

Tried also to add "XenopediaEntriesforUpgradedAircraftWeapons.zip" (download http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=74). But got the message not a mod file. As of this I tried to edit manually as per the provided INTEGRATION INSTRUCTIONS. However, I edited probably an incorrect file in Xenonauts\assets and not in assets\mods\xce. (Thanks for the reminder). But I restored all edited files, and the mods adjusted files automatically.

If it COULD be installed via add new mod in the mod launcher I would be grateful if someone can point me to the correct download location or advice me how to do it correctly.

So, as I only added some mods basically I do not know what went wrong.

Maybe I will try anew from the start on easter holidays if I can spare the time.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Sorry if it sounds clumsy but english is not my native language and I am not very skilled in modding and such.

Edited by fdlu