Regarding wound time

fall19

I can't remember exactly. There's possibly something in buildings.xml that sets the number of soldiers that can benefit from the medibay at the same time and possibly something affecting healing rate as well. But I don't remember off the top of my head and am not sure how and if they work anyway.

There's a buildings and salaries mod which says that it reduces the number of medbay beds (to match the number of beds shown during base defense missions) and increases the healing rate to make up for it. So the benefit provided by medbays is apparently moddable.

Do you know whether it actually works? It may well do but I seem to remember a while back someone (might even have been Solver, who made the variables accessible in the first place) saying that it possibly doesn't. It's sadly a bit hard to tell as there's (to the best of my knowledge anyway) no indication in the UI anywhere whether a soldier is using a bed or not.

Do you know whether it actually works? It may well do but I seem to remember a while back someone (might even have been Solver, who made the variables accessible in the first place) saying that it possibly doesn't. It's sadly a bit hard to tell as there's (to the best of my knowledge anyway) no indication in the UI anywhere whether a soldier is using a bed or not.

should be not that hard to test: in buildings.xml, make a 1-bed MedCenter (MedicSpace column), make a few wounded men in a GC, then look if they heal equally or one of them much faster (you can increase the MedicalBoost value to make it more obvious)

also, see if the number of "beds used" is "1" (on the base construction screen)

Edited by podbelski