Medikit mechanics vs wounds

podbelski

... ok I've found that healing a wound seem to consume additional 5 points of the medikit, but TUs surplus is calculated strangely... I don't see the pattern.

Eg I have a soldier with 3 wounds and 12 hp damage, it takes 27TU/27medpoints to heal. And nother one with 1 wound and 9 hp damage, requires 17TU/14medpoints... strange

... and seems small amounts consume more TUs relatively to big damage amounts. Like 2hp scratch requires 4TU to heal, but 30hp healed by 30TU

Edited by podbelski

I'm pretty sure that wounds are the equivalent of 5 hp to heal and healing a single point of damage takes a single TU. Any differences I can only assume are due to having to turn to face the soldier being healed or, at least, I've never noticed anything not working like what I've just described (aside from an odd bug which breaks healing sometimes).

ok MedkitCost is a number of TU/medpoints needed to heal a single wound. Setting it to zero and using a medkit crashes the game.

so if you have 15 "grey" damage, 2 wounds and a default MedkitCost it will spend 15 + 2*5 = 25 TU/medpoints. As I said, often it takes a few more TUs, like 29 instead of 25 in this example. I still don't see the cause of it, it's not related to turns