How To Custom Generate My Starting Soldiers?

syntaxerror

I'd like to choose my soldier's name, gender, rank, and roles before each start of a new game. Which means that when I start the game my custom generated soldiers will appear instead of the pre-generated ones (I'm a bit annoyed that sometimes there are more female than male soldiers, sometimes Sergeant are on heavy weapons, etc.

Is there a way to this?

I don't think there is... someone like Steelgonads might know. But I don't think you can specify things like that. You can alter the M/F ratio in... gameconfig.xml I think.

sigh, there must be a lieutenant higher than a sergeant in a squad...why didn't they add it in the first place.

Because throughout the alpha and the beta and the polishing what we cared about was ground combat, the geoscape and air combat (in that order). I wish I could show you ghosts of dedicated forums. Practically no-one cared about customisation and rank was used to indicate levelling. That was something people cared about, briefly, but no-one ever made an argument that could sway Chris on the matter so it was dropped. People cared far more about the pew-pew than the view-view.

Because throughout the alpha and the beta and the polishing what we cared about was ground combat, the geoscape and air combat (in that order). I wish I could show you ghosts of dedicated forums. Practically no-one cared about customisation and rank was used to indicate levelling. That was something people cared about, briefly, but no-one ever made an argument that could sway Chris on the matter so it was dropped. People cared far more about the pew-pew than the view-view.

No such thing as perfect game eh.