Mac version crashes on launch - please help

Hi there

I just purchased Xenonauts through Desaura (http://www.desura.com/games/xenonauts) where I downloaded both the Mac version and the Compatibility Mac version. After installing the normal Mac version just crashes as soon as I click to Play the game. The Compatibility version worked first try, but every other time I have tried to load it, it does the same thing. I have antivirus disabled, and I have Xquartz installed. The OS I am on is Mavericks. I have also tried uninstalling and deleting all files, to reinstall, but then I still get the same problem.

This game looks amazing and I am dying to play it! therefore would really appreciate if you can help me get this working please :( Thanks!!

Dan

• 3 weeks later...

I am having the same errors as these two. I bought the game off of Desura, and downloaded the OSX version. I have tried to launch it multiple times, but was given this error:

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 4.38.14 PM.jpg

It was accompanied by a blank white window, and accompanied by sounds which seemed to be a part of the game (however I cannot be sure because I have not actually played it yet. If I can help by providing information or anything, I would be glad to. Thank you for your assistance.

EDIT:

I have tried the compatibility version, and so far it seems to be working. I will provide further updates as information develops.

Screen Shot 2015-03-31 at 4.38.14 PM.jpg

577e7d4345eda_ScreenShot2015-03-31at4.38

Edited by Loosecannon
New information developed.

• 1 month later...

Posted this in another thread but this seems to be the same thing. Here's what to do to make it work:

1. Install a fresh new Xenonauts from the dmg

2. Download the PC-version (1.59) from Desura and unzip it to your drive

3. Right click your Xenonauts app and choose "Show package contents"

4. Go to Contents/Resources/drive_c/Program Files

5. Here you see the Xenonauts folder, replace it with the folder from the unzipped PC-version

6. For safety I changed the first letter in the new folder to capital (Xenonauts), but I dunno if it matters...

7. Voilá, the game should be running!

Got this working on Yosemite 10.10.3

Hope it works!