Crippling circumstance - XNT + update

Hello all,

I am a long time lurker on this forum.

After veteran ironman completion, I have moved on to XNT. The amazing game play continues..... until..

Getting immediately to the point, The Xenonauts update through Steam today crippled my ability to run it, now the game crashes (just freezes) whenever my troopers are psi-assaulted.

It is very strange as now multiple troops are psi targeted at once, and the game freezes in the last part of the psi-attack animation - a perfect gold circle around my troopers head.

I assume this is some kind of incompatibility post update, but I do not understand such things in any fine detail.

Help? I need my Xeno-fix!

Finally, my apologies for finally becoming a member of this community in such circumstances...

Regards,

- B

Only thing you can do for now is roll back to XCE 0.31 Community edition.And play Xenonauts with steam in offline mod or create seperate copy in some other directory.One will be kept up to date (steam) other will be used for XNT (new copy) and won't be regularly updated by steam( you will have to do it manually if necessary).

Edited by Sentelin

Thanks for the advice.

I plan to see if Steam can fix the game, had a friend tell me today there is such a function - and as my issues seem to be unique I will try it. I do not have much hope though, so...

When you say roll back, are you suggesting I remove my current installation and start over or something else?

As for running offline, can you just run the executable file to do this or is there some trick I am likely ignorant of.

Apologies for being such a computer noob, but this was my first experience in playing a game that I have used mods with, so I usually never experience these issues.

Thanks heap for the advice already given, and any future advice I receive :)

- B