Who also wants to drop items to ground faster with RMB?

Hi!

I really enjoy right mouse button to FAST fill/unload backpack with grenades/ammo when customizing soldier's loadout ON BASE.

During the Ground Combat my first action is to unload extra weight from backpack to ground to reduce excessive weight and return to normal TU's.

It is so slow and painful each GC, to move items with mouse and deliberately drop it to ground.

Very annoying.

Any possibilities to implement RMB to fast drop/pick items to/from the ground to any free space in backpack or belt?

Does anybody have this experience too?

How would the game know whether you were trying to equip or drop an item if you use the same button for both? Maybe a shift-rmb combo or something similar?

It would have no impact on me personally as I don't overload my soldiers particularly so rarely need to drop anything in combat but some may find it useful. Best to speak to one of the community coders and see if they are interested in looking at it for you.

Gauddlike, The game just does it already on BASE. If item is rmb-clicked in backpack - the item is removed. If clicked in weapon invenotry - item added to soldier.

In GC - click on item on the ground - added to soldier ("picked"), clicked on backpack or belt - dropped to ground.

Is that you asked or something i didnt get?

In GC - click on item on the ground - added to soldier ("picked"), clicked on backpack or belt - dropped to ground.

Is that you asked or something i didnt get?

This should, at most, be a toggle, IMO. Dropping things on the ground constantly is your particular playstyle, but it's not something I ever do - I don't overload my troops - so RMB = drop in GC is not only useless to me, it also seems like a good way to accidentally waste a bunch of TUs.

If I'm reading Gauddlike's reply correctly, RMB currently equips items in GC, which would actually be useful to me. I swap in medkits with unfortunate frequency, then swap back to their weapon. I never drop items on the ground except in the extremely rare case (once or twice in 100+ hours of play) that someone runs out of ammo, so someone else drops a magazine or two for them to pick up.

This should, at most, be a toggle, IMO. Dropping things on the ground constantly is your particular playstyle, but it's not something I ever do - I don't overload my troops - so RMB = drop in GC is not only useless to me, it also seems like a good way to accidentally waste a bunch of TUs.

If I'm reading Gauddlike's reply correctly, RMB currently equips items in GC, which would actually be useful to me. I swap in medkits with unfortunate frequency, then swap back to their weapon. I never drop items on the ground except in the extremely rare case (once or twice in 100+ hours of play) that someone runs out of ammo, so someone else drops a magazine or two for them to pick up.

It's actually medikits where I've encountered this the most. It's more TU efficient to drop a soldier's item-in-hand before equipping the medikit than it is to stow their weapon, so it would be useful if only for doing that.

I never drop items on the ground except in the extremely rare case

Never assaulted Alien Fortress with over 20 elites? By the time I exit the teleport room, some of the ammo and most useful grenades are gone, taking away 10-15 enemies :)

Even overloading is not enough in some cases, so i end up using alien weapon during the tough times.

Maybe RMB is not a good choice, i agree. But manually item-by-item unload is simply painful.

It's actually medikits where I've encountered this the most. It's more TU efficient to drop a soldier's item-in-hand before equipping the medikit than it is to stow their weapon, so it would be useful if only for doing that.

Interesting... I hadn't noticed that. Seems a bit off, IMO, but I'll have to take a look at that next time I play.

Never assaulted Alien Fortress with over 20 elites?

Haven't even seen an alien base in 100+ hours of play, actually.