problems with implementing saracen back to game

MadZenon

Hi guys and gals i have some difficulty implementing back saracen interceptor in to the game with some of my changes, i've edited aircraft, manufactures, research and xenopedia files, but still for some reason when i load game it crashes same when i start new game once i click to set up base. If there is someone experienced in modding xenonauts i attach link to the archive with all loose files from the assets folder that i have. I would apriciate help and some sort of explanation and information how did you fixed it. Build on the 1.56 version of game. Thanks in advance ppl.

Here is the link

I uploaded it to the google drive

ps.

I have also edited weapons file not much just the clip sizes and changed gameconfig file to be able to add items and fast production/research for the test purpose, any way you will see changes when you start looking through the files.

Ok guys I re-upload the file this time i just upload the files that I modded for saracen : aircrafts, gameconfig (testing purpose), manufactures, research and xenopedia

Here's the link

Thanks for the response hope you will find the source of the issue

Was going to say I couldn't find the issue but I've got it.

If you open up aircraft.xml in a text editor and scroll down to the Saracen row you'll notice that the </row> element ending the Saracen entry is missing the > part, i.e. it's only </row

Fix that and it will work. You were getting the crash because this typo was breaking the whole file so when the game was trying to populate the starting aircraft when you built your starting base it couldn't find the aircraft it was supposed to be able to find.

Thx kabil i was looking for some major error not a little typo. It works now but there is small issue there now on the research screen in base it shows saracen as line of '###'. Also i will have to rework it a bit, at the moment it's more like a bomber fighter, with those 3 heavy attachements and one cannon, will change to 2 heavy and 2 cannons, i think it will make it more universal fighter, at the moment i was able to shot down a landing ship with one of those