Thank you, and the best MOD resource?

As the subject says, I want to thank the developers and anyone else who made this amazing game. It's not fair to compare this effort to our beloved old X-com, when it has surpassed it in so many ways.

Sort of an odd question - where do you all get your mods? The reason I ask is that sometimes the Steam workshop is considered a bit of a mess. What do you think is the best place to obtain and maintain mods for Xenonauts?

I appreciate any assistance offered.

Here in the forums you will find a lot of resources in mod section, this is one of this game that community is very involved.

i recomend you test X-DIV and XNT if you want a experience different from the vanilla game. In other hand there is a lot of mods of Kabill, Max Paine and Skitso that add content without changing too much the gameplay style.

There is a lot to choose.

My question was more along the lines of which is the preferred location and method of getting the mods. Steam Workshop is famous for having stolen mods and other issues, for instance. So I was wondered where are the best places to find mods? If Steam Workshop isn't a problem for this mod of course I can use that. But for a game like Banished for instance, you're better off not using Steam due to the bogus mods.

For Xenonauts at least, I don't think there's any problem using Steam Workshop and doing so might be simpler than downloading mods from here. You'll also know for certain if the mod is compatible with the mod-loading system that was added with v1.5x and the Community Edition mod.

However, there's a larger selection of mods on these forums - for example none of Skitso's stuff is up on Steam Workshop - so you'd be limiting yourself if you stayed exclusively with Steam Workshop.