[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Just a friendly reminder to everyone contributing to this thread that I am now watching it closely. Please keep your disagreements to debate. If I see this explode like twitter I will be forced to take appropriate action.

Rip, you want weapons_gc.xml. You have to alter each weapon in turn. Use a find and replace function.

Edited by Max_Caine

twitter-esque explosion? lol. are you guys russian. is this a russian thing? anywho thanks for info. much serious, very frowny!

i didnt say calm down only to you.. i am not Russian.. we all try to help here to players and modders.. dont u love my ranges? :(

I for one have given up on trying talk about GC balance , its clear me and Drages see balance very differently and we enjoy different types of gameplay in xenonauts and it is his mod after all so there is no point in me trying to push my point of view unto him , i will change the gc to better suit my taste

We did end our last discussion on a sour note and i didn't mean any disrespect i'm just very opinionated and sometimes i get carried away when i feel like someone doesn't understand what i mean ( your responses made me feel like i was being misunderstood), if i offended you i apologise

I will however throw some ideas

number of aliens on crash sites - except small scouts ( no clown cars pls) i feel like you could put more aliens unto ships , not sure how the game handles large amounts of aliens but it would be preaty cool to have less powerfull aliens but more , the idea would be to have cannon fodder aliens combined with some strong ones, and having them stay closer together

Its kind of a shame that terror missions are so rare , would be nice if like half of the missions were terror and half were crash sites/landings

Regarding the aircombat i feel like the condor stays relevent for to much of the game mostly because of the dodging mechanic that the other aircrafts seam to be missing, maybe i missed it but is there like a upgraded version of the condor ?

Edited by fall19

Then you should have said so,when you were writing. Although it doesn't matter to whom you were "talking to", since this concerns everyone here including me.Also no ones here looking for conflict,I am just being objective.You just bump here out of nowhere, write something without proper feedback which would "hold water " and end of story.Try to be a bit more informative, instead of baling away every time and avoid question/topic.

Then,show to me (everyone) example how you are going to do this (or how you had already done this) when most of your squad is equipped with snipers and you are supposedly playing on elite difficulty.If you do this and it's proved to be legitimate I won't write a word about whatever you wrote anymore.Of course this could be legitimate option if you save scum,however I take it that this is not your play style.

Way I see it this option is only reliable if your squad is properly equipped with one maybe two snipers and rest of squad has variety of other equipment.You simply missed my point.I never said that using alien grenades is bad option but .. well read what I wrote this time thoroughly.

Edit:Actually forget it, you don't need to answer, because I already know what your reaction is going to be.

Almost I dont have any intention to answer this. I get bored at the first word of the wall text... =/

I for one have given up on trying talk about GC balance , its clear me and Drages see balance very differently and we enjoy different types of gameplay in xenonauts and it is his mod after all so there is no point in me trying to push my point of view unto him , i will change the gc to better suit my taste

We did end our last discussion on a sour note and i didn't mean any disrespect i'm just very opinionated and sometimes i get carried away when i feel like someone doesn't understand what i mean ( your responses made me feel like i was being misunderstood), if i offended you i apologise

number of aliens on crash sites - except small scouts ( no clown cars pls) i feel like you could put more aliens unto ships , not sure how the game handles large amounts of aliens but it would be preaty cool to have less powerfull aliens but more , the idea would be to have cannon fodder aliens combined with some strong ones, and having them stay closer together

Its kind of a shame that terror missions are so rare , would be nice if like half of the missions were terror and half were crash sites/landings

Regarding the aircombat i feel like the condor stays relevent for to much of the game mostly because of the dodging mechanic that the other aircrafts seam to be missing, maybe i missed it but is there like a upgraded version of the condor ?

About first two points, kabill is working to make a different system to add crews FORCE independent for the UFO itself. Right now with the actual(vainilla) system, if you encounter a caesab CRUISER , you'll face all classes above warriors(purples one), so if you want to catch up a big ufo you NEED advanced weapon techies.

What kabill is trying to do is ADD alien crew force independant of the ufo itselfs..that mean, is possible to face an EARLY LANDING SHIP full of guards/soldiers , because aliens are sending bigger scouting forces,this means fights aggaints a big number of aliens with low tech.

Dragues already show his interest on this project aside the fact that kabill is planning to add a BIG more number of terror misions and base defence (so he is basically planning to remake entirely how the invacion pace and ticker works and i personlly falled in love with this idea :D). So this is just question of time until kabill finish it and then dragues add it to Xdivision(and when i say QUESTION OF TIME this could take between few weeks and EVEN MONTHS xD, so we have to be patient and wait).

I feel same as you said about our conversations. But even we are not thinking same about GC, i will make some little changes regarding alien grenade and TU.. and i will nerf the beginning resistances of aliens lower..

I will review crews again.. ufo spawns will be all change and the air weapons/crafts will be revised too.. for now, condor is more then enough and foxtrot is useless.. but everything will change..

Word to Steam Users: Trying to downgrade manually to XCE 0.31HF1 doesn't work unfortunately.

Don't use the CE: 0.32HF1 from Steam as base and downgrade. Instead, choose Legacy 1.57 as base and download the CE: 32HF, Balance, and Settings here: http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/downloads.php?do=cat&id=10 install them using the modding tool then install X-Division on top of any of the other mods.

i had room trust me i was just swapping my hunter for the upgraded car it had the same positions for the vehicle and soldiers. also i immediately retried with the pulse laser without changing anything else and had no issue so it is definitely the vehicle cannon

Yes there is something missing there. I will correct it at next patch with all vehicles.

PROGRESS UPDATE

Vehicles.. more vehicles..

Coding and graphics finished. Planned for total 10 vehicles but last second artillery problem sadly made me delay my 2 artillery.. maybe later..

All new vehicles including old defender-saviour got totally new skins now..

rocket-se.jpg

- Hunter: Now got a new machinegun and flamer upgrade and alenium missiles!! light armour- very heavy fire power with missiles

- Seeker: Upgraded Hunter with plasma and fusion rockets with huge damage potential and with a vulcan autocannon!!!

plasma-se.jpg

- Scimitar: you know it has cannons.. medium armour - heavy fire power!

- Saber: Upgraded scimitar!! better cannons!

Ferret_lsr_SE_00.jpg

- Defender: Heavy tank with a low damage cannon.. very heavy armour - weak fire power.. cant use energy weapons

- Saviour: Best armoured vehicle. very slow

hyper-se.jpg

- Hyperion: Got cannons, got armour and fast!

- Centurion: Not armoured as saviour but much faster...

Scimitar-Defender-Hyperion can use only plasma and lower weapons.. fusion and others will be for their upgraded versions.

Energy cannons like pulse laser/plasma/fusion (MAC vehicle weapon became fusion energy cannon) will be again one shot cannons with energy damage. I am waiting for DUAL weapon vehicle support from CE to give gattling weapons to vehicles.. for this reason Hyperion is not fully useful for now..

Upgraded vehicles will need their default one to manufacture. They will carry unique weapons too which you will get from rare aliens from rare missions.. maybe even there can be rare 3. upgrades.. but these will be added at "Unique Enemies DLC" :)

I planned to give some tactical and gas weapons to vehicles like smoke or stun but i didnt do that. I didnt want to give all abilities to vehicles.. Some vehicles will make u carry less shields, some for rocket launcher but not for tactical advantage.

I tested most of it.. at least the game dont crash at drop or garage menus.. GC graphics work as i tested some. Ofcourse there should be some leaks i forgot to put or test..

So what is left... some balancing at vehicles stats.. manufactures and putting them to research chain..

rocket-se.jpg

plasma-se.jpg

hyper-se.jpg

Ferret_lsr_SE_00.jpg

rocket-se.jpg.6aa57c2077b44e51737fb38a0e

plasma-se.jpg.b35679d667cce7044612aa7c8f

hyper-se.jpg.d72b5c3dda2ed79cf9349b86a28

Ferret_lsr_SE_00.jpg.54f1b766c94970f055b

Edited by drages

Hello. I've been playing this mod for some time and I find it extremely fun. My only gripe so far is the huge amount of aliens on the ships, which paired with the slower game progression results in gameplay consisting of one or two exciting encounters where you test the new weapons or encounter stronger aliens who provide challenge, followed by half a dosen of lengthy routine mop-ups where you just want to strip the saucer of its parts for your planes. But that's a minor problem for me and probably was intended this way.

I've also run into what seems to be a bug. I've produced an alloy multi-barreled minigun but can't find it in the soldier equip screen. I suspect that it belongs to a third weapon tier (high?) for which I don't have a button. I've started with ver. 0.98 hotfix 5, now I'm on 0.98.1 and CE 0.32 HF-2. Can the problem be caused by updating? Can it be solved without a restart? I've spent quite some time on this session and would be sad if it had to end