[v1.09/X:CE v0.31] X - DIVISION - Destiny Denied v0.98+

drages

Ok, calm down now. You are right too. I am working some hours every day so i act maybe harsh..

If you want to get rid of berserk, you just need to delete all the "Bezerk" at aiprop.xml at X-Division directory.

Yes, thank you for the further clarification...I was able to figure this out after a bit of head scratching, but I didn't post HOW I actually managed to do it, so I'm sure others will appreciate this explanation.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the mod so far, and I've come across a couple of bugs.

The first, and this may be a vanilla Xenonauts bug for all I know (never played vanilla all that much) is that soldiers like to get "stuck inside/on top of" steps every now and then.

The second, when using the Chemical Injector, if you're soldier panics and or goes berserk, the turn gets "stuck," or "won't end." Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate this on different occasions, but it did happen twice on the same mission.

The more ya know!

Yes, thank you for the further clarification...I was able to figure this out after a bit of head scratching, but I didn't post HOW I actually managed to do it, so I'm sure others will appreciate this explanation.

Other than that, I've been enjoying the mod so far, and I've come across a couple of bugs.

The first, and this may be a vanilla Xenonauts bug for all I know (never played vanilla all that much) is that soldiers like to get "stuck inside/on top of" steps every now and then.

The second, when using the Chemical Injector, if you're soldier panics and or goes berserk, the turn gets "stuck," or "won't end." Unfortunately I've not been able to replicate this on different occasions, but it did happen twice on the same mission.

The more ya know!

They are strange bugs. Maybe this can be related to a specific map you use. And what version to you play? I advise 1.09 with CE 0.32 HF3.

There is something that is bothering me very much... The rules of line of sight seens not to apply to the aliens when it comes to grenades. It seens they can just sense my soldiers nearby even when there is no possible way they can see them. It sucks when I'm trying to lay an ambush and an alien throw a grenade from the other side of the wall even without seing my soldier there...

There are no line of sight rules. The AI will fire or use grenades on positions where it believes your troops are. If it knows it saw you peer out from behind a fence, it will bomb behind the fence.

just to let you know the ripper armor suit seems to not have the same walk through things like the other heavy suit it upgrades from instead acting like a normal armor. and I'm not sure if its supposed to make fire actions cost 10 ap more. the texture in game is also outlined roughly. not sure if you can tell in this screen shot.

2015-04-25_00002.jpg

2015-04-25_00002.jpg

2015-04-25_00002.thumb.jpg.46b238160a0a9

just to let you know the ripper armor suit seems to not have the same walk through things like the other heavy suit it upgrades from instead acting like a normal armor. and I'm not sure if its supposed to make fire actions cost 10 ap more. the texture in game is also outlined roughly. not sure if you can tell in this screen shot.

It was a nice detail to catch. Yes i checked it and its missing a line.

You can open the armour_gc.xml and put the line.

<Armour MODMERGEATTRIBUTE="name" MODMERGE="insert" name="armour.predator_2">

<Resistance kinetic="160" energy="130" chemical="100" incendiary="120" />

<VisualParams range="18" coneAngle="75" nightRangeBonus="3" />

<PsionicDefence defence="100" points="40" degradation="4" />

<Special heavy="1" strength="80" weaponCostMul="0.65"/>

<Props moveSpeed="300" stairsMoveSpeed="180" vaultMoveSpeed="24" />

</Armour>

They are strange bugs. Maybe this can be related to a specific map you use. And what version to you play? I advise 1.09 with CE 0.32 HF3.

Strange, I'm using those versions. That being said, maybe something didn't uninstall properly from an earlier version.

Either way, neither were a big deal. What I am curious about, however, is how exactly to view the couple of technology trees hosted here.

Do you have to have some kind of plugin to see svg files? Whenever I click on either of them I get a blank window...am I just an idiot and missing something extremely obvious?

Strange, I'm using those versions. That being said, maybe something didn't uninstall properly from an earlier version.

Either way, neither were a big deal. What I am curious about, however, is how exactly to view the couple of technology trees hosted here.

Do you have to have some kind of plugin to see svg files? Whenever I click on either of them I get a blank window...am I just an idiot and missing something extremely obvious?

they confused me to until i realized i had to to scroll around and then i saw the monstrosity of a tech web and just said nope.

and then i saw the monstrosity of a tech web and just said nope.

This.

Still, thank you for the heads up... I didn't catch I had to scroll around.

EDIT: It becomes much easier on the eyes and brain if you use control+mousewheel to zoom out a bit.

Edited by CherryCoke

there seems to be no ammo to equip for the singularity cannon.

also i don't appear to be able to switch to a different vehicle gun. and how do you capture a andron controller?

Singularity cannon will be available at 0.99. Didnt understand your question about vehicle weapons. Just kill an andron controller without overkill it (with explosives)

There is something that is bothering me very much... The rules of line of sight seens not to apply to the aliens when it comes to grenades. It seens they can just sense my soldiers nearby even when there is no possible way they can see them. It sucks when I'm trying to lay an ambush and an alien throw a grenade from the other side of the wall even without seing my soldier there...
that's a vanilla bug i remember it from early beta. aliens can just through grenades through ceilings.

I think I will move this question to Bug Reports or CE. But since the game is out for so long and the CE already is doing so much... why nobody fixed it yet? Is it that hard, impossible, whatever? Can XDivision do something about it too?

the particle pistol seem to make a double shooting sound and has an extra bullet in the equip screen but only holds 6. it gets rid of two bullets on the first firing. also is there a particle rifle?

Nop there is no rifle and particle rifles are more then end game weapons (very powerful) like singularity weapons they will be correctly implement at 0.99.

And do you have a save from that black terror site? I think i found the problem by chance. If you still got the save, please go to X-Division/maps folder. You will see a folder "soveittown". CHange it to soviettown. I dont know how it happened but probably this is the problem.

Edited by drages

Nop there is no rifle and particle rifles are more then end game weapons (very powerful) like singularity weapons they will be correctly implement at 0.99.

And do you have a save from that black terror site? I think i found the problem by chance. If you still got the save, please go to X-Division/maps folder. You will see a folder "soveittown". CHange it to soviettown. I dont know how it happened but probably this is the problem.

no i don't have the save. but thanks. when will .99 come out then and will it be save compatible?

I have an invisible alien bug. The taller biped xenomorph is right in front of me but invisible. I think some frames are missing. I still can target and hit him, and in the damage frames he does appear.

I tried to take a screenshot, but I dont know how to do it in Xenonauts (Steam F12 doesn't work and the Options says nothing), so I took a save file to post here. The xenomorph is right in front of Kurt Lehmann, you can even hit it with the stun stick.

Save file:

EDIT: About the grenade bug where the alien can "sense" your soldiers nearby. I posted it in X:CE bug reports, they moved it to vanilla bugs, Chris said he cant help because it's a mod. So... no one want to take responsability for this bug?

An alien just came out of a UFO ignoring 5 soldier facing him in his line of sight, but kinda far, runned directly to a soldier of mine hiding after the UFO corner where there is no way he saw that soldier moving there since the door was closed, burst shooted him to death and then runned back to the UFO. Is like the AI doesn't have fog of war at all. The alien LOS is certainly broken, but now I dont know if it's mod, CE or vanilla...

Edited by Victor_Tadeu

no i don't have the save. but thanks. when will .99 come out then and will it be save compatible?

0.99 has a loong way, i cant say the exact time. Its a about the content i plan to change/add. 0.99 will be the final release before 1.0 so i want to finish as much as i can. And it wont work with old saves, because there will be very much thing changed/replaced/added.

I have an invisible alien bug. The taller biped xenomorph is right in front of me but invisible. I think some frames are missing. I still can target and hit him, and in the damage frames he does appear.

I tried to take a screenshot, but I dont know how to do it in Xenonauts (Steam F12 doesn't work and the Options says nothing), so I took a save file to post here. The xenomorph is right in front of Kurt Lehmann, you can even hit it with the stun stick.

Save file:

EDIT: About the grenade bug where the alien can "sense" your soldiers nearby. I posted it in X:CE bug reports, they moved it to vanilla bugs, Chris said he cant help because it's a mod. So... no one want to take responsability for this bug?

An alien just came out of a UFO ignoring 5 soldier facing him in his line of sight, but kinda far, runned directly to a soldier of mine hiding after the UFO corner where there is no way he saw that soldier moving there since the door was closed, burst shooted him to death and then runned back to the UFO. Is like the AI doesn't have fog of war at all. The alien LOS is certainly broken, but now I dont know if it's mod, CE or vanilla...

Victor, some ppl tried to answer you about the AI of the aliens. Let me explain it further...

Enemy AI got many things to consider when it will make its move. Most of players thinks everything is "visual". The AI got infos about your places from different senses, like "sound" and "from other aliens". AI reacts like yourself. AI calculates the position and the health of your soldiers and its own survival. If you have someone wounded and AI can kill and somehow run into your LOS, it will choose it. AI calculates the posibility of your units position. Sometimes it fails. You can see that when an enemy goes to open and go back without doing anything. AI calculates theirs and your dead units positions too, they are calling for help and giving info about each others detection.

I love this. I am against huge dps weapons and one shot kills but i am al up for an AI act like me. For 20 years we put our soldiers in front of the UFO door and we open the door and shoot them at one turn. After 20 years at an UFO game, aliens goes out and resist this tactic.

Please open aiprop.xml and read the meaning of the calculation parameters. You will get the WHOLE idea. Xenonauts dont use many aspects at the core game because of this kind of questions.

About that alien which goes invisible sometimes, is a game anomaly. I made some tests on that alien and you see it totally at first but if you save/load you lose them.. so its not about missing frames. I dont have any idea that the game acts so only for this aliens.

having just won the game there are some things i think can recommend you do in the future and some things i noticed.

-the ufo disasembly lore should have what you actually get from dissembling them. its vary hard to tell what ones you need to do missions for to get the materials you need.

-the final mission could be a lot harder i cleared it easily. adding twenty or so more enemy's would greatly improve it.

-its a bit to easy to skip tec levels and end up quite overpowered as a result. you can just have a science base research everything super quickly. limiting scientists or labs could be a solution or upping tec cost.

-the end game weapons are way overkill for even the top level aliens. the higher level enemy's could use some more powerful armor and weapons. perhaps a new race that gets introduced later that has vary powerful armor and weapons on par with the human gauss weapons capable of killing an mec suited soldier with a few rifle busts. not too common but have something to be afraid of later. it was terrifying early on when the enemy's keep getting harder but then i just started wrecking them when i got wave weaponry and mec suits and it never gets hard again.

-alien ammo has no apparent use and the default plasma battery's sell automatically

-you end up with way to many alloys and they have little use perhaps allow the manufacture of some parts you need like engines or computers with a lot of it. i ended with almost two thousand.

-some kind of in game list of things you need to capture would be nice

-manufactured shields seem to start out with no durability

i loved them mod and its slower pace keep up the good work :D