[v1.54 stable ground combat] games crashes when I load ground combat save

I was playing ground combat for a few rounds, when game ctd. Now when I try to load my save, game crash every time. I am playing on ironman so I can't use previous saves. I also tried to use compatibility version of the game, but this does not help. Version of the game - 1.54 + Skitso's map pack.

Sorry for my bad english =)

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: xenonauts.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 54db79d8

Fault Module Name: xenonauts.exe

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 54db79d8

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 0022d10a

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1049

Additional Information 1: 9e27

Additional Information 2: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Additional Information 3: 9e27

Additional Information 4: 9e2778096e7e1e2a2e0302fe58f3eea8

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Aut.sav

Yeah, that file is only about 10%-20% of the size you'd expect a ground combat save to be. It's crashing because it's missing most of the data it needs.

What caused the crash before it? Was it an actual crash or a game hang where it freezes up? I'm not aware of any crashes left in the game at the moment.

I used Alt+Tab to switch from ground combat to desktop several times, on the last time I could not switch back to the game and noticed an error message from Windows (but I did not save any error details on this one).

I also noticed that game behave strange after I use Alt+Tab, especially during ground combat: Solders do not respond to move commands, some UI missing, animation sometimes freezes.

Hmmm I don't think that's something we can fix; the Alt+Tab support is controlled by the engine and we don't have the engine source code, and quite a few games can act strangely if Alt+Tabbed. It might be best if you avoid Alt+Tabbing, particularly when playing Iron Man ... or if you want to Alt+Tab then maybe just play non iron man and tap Quicksave before you Alt+Tab?

I know that doesn't bring your save back but unfortunately I'm not sure there's anything I can do that will fix that save game.